Hinges for pocket watch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daven

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinking of turning a case for a pocket watch insert but I can't find a decent hinge - a box hinge may work but might make it too thick so I was thinking of using something like the ones used on pen boxes:-

PEN-PenCaseMPB02.jpg

Any ideas where I can get them?

Ta

Dave

Thanks Dave, I obviously made a mistake some where. That is the hinges I meant, they are the same ones as are used for the pen boxes.

Thanks Guys, Will try Craft Supplies :lol:

Let you know how I get on!

Dave

Ouch - £8 for under £20 delivery :shock: :shock:

Be cheaper for me to buy a couple of boxes from TR and take the hinges out!! Actually thats not a bad idea!! 8)

Dave

Never knew Craft Supplies had put up their carriage costs like that. Obviously trying to cover the cost of the rent at their new premises :roll:

Malcolm- many thanks they came today!

Here is a picture of the prototype :-
normal_EPSN0003.JPG

Not got the shape of the body quite right as it is not quite a clam shape and I might have to make the lid a bit thicker to accommodate the hinge.

I need to the drill the holes at the right angle so the lid opens at the right angle as well - that is a job for tomorrow night! :)

Finish will be better on the real one as well!

Regards

Dave

Here is the MkIII version - MkII was a write off! :(

Not sure the barrel hinge is the best way, so on the look out for another way!

normal_EPSN0022.JPG

normal_EPSN0021.JPG

Daven":1m7wk5ul said:
Here is the MkIII version - MkII was a write off! :(

Not sure the barrel hinge is the best way, so on the look out for another way!

What about something like these ? bottom left, might be nice :)

531_CS_BoxHinges_EggRings.jpg

From Styles and Bates

Regs

Loz

Hi Loz,

I bought the one you mention (bottom left) but not with the watch in mind, but it is a bit big and girly :lol:

I might be going to Styles and Bates later in the week so will see if they have anything. The egg rings look better but would prefer a hinge!

Cheers

Dave

Latest posts

Back