Hinge help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corset

Established Member
Reaction score
In my ongoing tool chest build I need a couple of hinges. However I cannot find them anywhere apart from lee valley. In the states they are 59 cents in the UK they are unobtainable!! :roll: If i can get them they i can rack my chisels.
Could anybody help me find a uk supplier please, please! :wink:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p=45228&cat=3,43740,43745&ap=1
Owen

Its the size that is the problem! I need small like a box stay hence the lee valley ones being perfect. Or there box lid stays. I need small and slim like a foldig box stay etc.

If the above is no good, as it is only small, and you only need two, why not order from lee valley - they could put it in an envelope or just make a pair from a bit of brass sheet.

I have to admit that if I really wanted a stay like that, I'd cut and file it from sheet brass.

Perhaps more constructively, would a slight design change to two small round-head screws and a short length of brass chain be an acceptable solution to the problem?

Have a browse around for marine ironmongery suppliers, you might find something there, but I've scoured for a while and tbh I'd probably order from lee valley

Back