Hi all. I need some info on my lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailormantom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I have been lurking on the forum for a while and felt it was about time I emerged from the shadows to say how much I have enjoyed the fine items you guys produce as well as the advice and opinions you are so happy to share. Oh, and to ask a question as well!

A week ago I was lucky enough to get a Luna Avant 320 lathe with a load of gouges, faceplates, chucks, blanks etc etc all for a very good price - the only thing missing is any form of manual or specification.

I have searched online but can find no information on this model at all. Have any of you come across this lathe or know where I might find out more

Cheers

Tom

It's Swedish, thats about all I know and I have one also, an SP800 (about 30 years old)

Hi Chrispy and Dickm. Thanks for your responses - it looks like the lathe is as little known as I suspected.

Now I need to design and build a stand for it and then I can see how well it works.

Cheers

Tom

There was probably a review of the Luna in an old copy of Woodworker or similar. Could have a look in the bound volumes I'm trying to dispose of (hint, hint :D ) before they get snapped up! More seriously, if it's any help, I could see if there's anything in the complete set that's being kept.

This is their contact details,

Give them a ring, being Swedish they almost certainly speak English.

Luna AB Head office
Sandbergsv. 3
441 80 Alingsås Sweden

Phone. +46(0)322-60 60 00
Fax. +46(0)322-60 62 03
E mail. [email protected]

John. B

Thanks to all who have replied.

Dickm - no need to search through your old mags for a review - I will find out what's wrong with it once I have made a stand for it and been able to try it out!

John. thanks for that. I have emailed them and asked if they can provide a manual and contact details for their UK agent should I need any spares.

Cheers

Tom

Latest posts

Back