Hey other half, can you knock up a pantry. And fill it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the first 30 seconds then had to skip forward, that digging was making me feel tired 😆

Me to but that's because we're old, especially when you find yourself saying out loud 'why doesn't he get a digger?'.

When I was young me and my mates loved making dens in woods, baking potatoes and toasting bread on camp fires. It ignited an interest in self-sufficiency but not to this extreme, not now anyway!

Watched it start to finish Dave and agree for a young lad or to be honest anybody of any age to have learned those skills and be able to put them into practice is astounding , and way beyond my skill set . Most of his Tools seemed new but he certainly knew how to use them , his use of those axes was impressive by anybody's standard.
But :eek: and there has to be one or two to make it fair . The main one was his lack of some kind of eye protection when he is whacking away at those boulders and steel wedges like some sort of demented version of a young Mike Oldfield trying to perfect Tubular Bell's , and that poor Dog (cute as hell though :love:) should have been well out of the way or at the very least had a back wards facing Baseball cap and Shade's , obviously built in ear muffs do work well in these situations.
Those were some pretty big chunks of rock he was moving and a bad back could oh so easily been the least of his problems in a split second had things gone pear shaped . The time taken to do this amount of work and the cost to do it for what is such a small space, and what space there is just about halved by that ladder. He may survive a tiny mishap in this crazy world we live in for a few weeks at most ,but one of them is going to go hungry real quick and the other has a ready made meal or two that would only prolong the inevitable .
Does make me rather jealous though of his sheer tenacity to carry on where most and that includes me , would have said ---- ---- and moved on to the next project .
His abilities could surely earn him a living doing something and i suspect that if given time and a few more Krona from Mum and Dad to finance the next project or two ,he will do just that.
Do I regret watching it , no not at all , i learned a few new tricks today that will of course never be used , but it's nice to think they might one of these day's come in handy. In my case that day had better hurry up and arrive , clock's running and blah blah blah :censored:;);) .

Nice find. I haven't time to watch it all now, Just the first six minutes or so.

Reminds me of my first job after leaving school.

At the tender age of 14 I noticed that the best pipe layer was always clean, no matter how dirty the surroundings while lesser men were muck to the eyebrows.

Great to watch. He sure is up for a bit of hard graft. That cabin would be a great place to unwind and get away from things. Hope he has many years enjoyment from it as he really has earned it.
Regards
John

Watched it start to finish Dave and agree for a young lad or to be honest anybody of any age to have learned those skills and be able to put them into practice is astounding , and way beyond my skill set . Most of his Tools seemed new but he certainly knew how to use them , his use of those axes was impressive by anybody's standard.
But :eek: and there has to be one or two to make it fair . The main one was his lack of some kind of eye protection when he is whacking away at those boulders and steel wedges like some sort of demented version of a young Mike Oldfield trying to perfect Tubular Bell's , and that poor Dog (cute as hell though :love:) should have been well out of the way or at the very least had a back wards facing Baseball cap and Shade's , obviously built in ear muffs do work well in these situations.
Those were some pretty big chunks of rock he was moving and a bad back could oh so easily been the least of his problems in a split second had things gone pear shaped . The time taken to do this amount of work and the cost to do it for what is such a small space, and what space there is just about halved by that ladder. He may survive a tiny mishap in this crazy world we live in for a few weeks at most ,but one of them is going to go hungry real quick and the other has a ready made meal or two that would only prolong the inevitable .
Does make me rather jealous though of his sheer tenacity to carry on where most and that includes me , would have said ---- ---- and moved on to the next project .
His abilities could surely earn him a living doing something and i suspect that if given time and a few more Krona from Mum and Dad to finance the next project or two ,he will do just that.
Do I regret watching it , no not at all , i learned a few new tricks today that will of course never be used , but it's nice to think they might one of these day's come in handy. In my case that day had better hurry up and arrive , clock's running and blah blah blah :censored:;);) .
+1 on H&S (and the dog).
I think he missed a trick with those rocks (and the logs a year or two back). Using the mechanical advantage of block and tackle would save him a lot of work.
Full of admiration for his axe work though. And the chalk line... and much more.
Imagine him telling his grandkids what he did as a youngster?

He has it all on camera the grandkids will love watching how grampa nearly got crushed to death multiple times in just over an hour ;);):)

I did something like this last year - it still needs a door but already has lots of stuff in it. Big hole to dig with a pick and shovel, but it only took about 6 weeks from start to finish, including pouring the concrete roof. Kudos to the lad for finishing it - big commitment, especially without help. Mine is 4.5 m x 3m, so the hole I dug out was probably 40 cubic metres in total. If you haven't got any rocks to contend with, you can move a suprisingly amount of soil in an hour. It also helps to have company.

it reminds me the hindi guys building pools and temples in the jungle using a sharp shovel
Yeah, they are cool, no real plans bynthe looks of it, just get digging. The crocodile ones are cool

Back