Herts Wood Workers - Thought i'd give this ago

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copes

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

Right, i know this is probably going to be a magnet for tumbleweed, or drop like a lead balloon (take your pick).

But... I was wondering if anyone who's in the hertfordshire area (or likes to travel.) would like to get together for a drink, chat about wood, projects that kind of stuff.

I don't know any other wood-workers in person, but i'd very much like to change that. I wouldn't normally be the one to step foward and throw this kind of thing out there, being somewhat of a recluse when it comes to social gatherings but i think that's also about time i do something about that as well.

Any interest give me a shout, i'm in watford myself so alternatively if you just fancy popping around for a cuppa i could manage that.

Cheers

Hi Copes,

Excellent idea! I did look for a woodworking club around us but the nearest I came across was a wood turning club in Hemel and I'm not a turner. Only round the corner from you and up for a meet up so hopefully you manage to pull a group together.

Well I'm not in the country very reliably but would be interested. There was a group of us that used to meet up in Royston once a month but that was a couple of years ago. Don't know if the guys still do it.

Hi

I am Watford as well, always up for tea and a chat (workshop tour ;-) ). Can't do a regular thing but it would be nice to meet and swap stories/exchange visits occasionally.

I remember mbartlett99 from the Royston group, be good to catch up !

I'm near as dammit in hertfordshire and like others I looked for a club but could only find the turning one.
Would be great if we could get a meet up running, always nice to chat to like minded people

hah i've been thinking about the same thing memzey. Just a bit of a walk from the hemel train station stopping me (and i know absolutely nothing about turning!)

Well to narrow it down a bit, i'm right between watford junction and the highstreet.

My workshop is hardly inspirational, happy to have you guys around. Work during the day, so it'd be an evening or weekend.. but lets see if more people creep out of the woodwork and maybe we can do something a bit bigger

Not to cast a sinister tone but you may find more people are happier to meet in a public place (local pub or something) as it's safer when arranging to meet people from online.
The recent news article about the murderer that was drugging and raping his male victims he met through an online dating app is a reminder we all need to be careful.
You never know if that 21 year old blonde stunner that finds you irresistible is actually a 72 year old 28 stone gas fitter from norfolk after all!! :shock:

hah yes, well there is that.

The flag is down the road right outside of watford junction, its a decent pub. Maybe that's a better start depending on where you guys are.

To be fair I've met a number of great people from this website and have yet to be raped! I'm just the other side of the M25 to you Copes in Chiswell Green. If people are happy with this perhaps we could meet at the flag one weekend and then do a workshop visit? We could take turns and go from shop to shop as we meet up again?

memzey":tb5swbf7 said:
To be fair I've met a number of great people from this website and have yet to be raped!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be back soon, just need to clean the coffee off my screen :lol:

memzey":33pvsudn said:
To be fair I've met a number of great people from this website and have yet to be raped! I'm just the other side of the M25 to you Copes in Chiswell Green. If people are happy with this perhaps we could meet at the flag one weekend and then do a workshop visit? We could take turns and go from shop to shop as we meet up again?

keep trying, you never know. (obviously I mean you are looking for it rather an actual rape, which I would not wish on anybody)

novocaine":1bu444wd said:
memzey":1bu444wd said:

keep trying, you never know. (obviously I mean you are looking for it rather an actual rape, which I would not wish on anybody)

I guess the real question is, are we safe from memzey?? :lol:
I have to say everyone I've met from the forum have been very nice, fortunately not too nice (i.e. rapey)

I'm in Bucks but could head over. To be honest, the best thing about the Paul Sellers one day course I went on recently was meeting fellow enthusiasts.

Adam9453":jqmpj13p said:
novocaine":jqmpj13p said:
memzey":jqmpj13p said:

I guess the real question is, are we safe from memzey?? :lol:
I have to say everyone I've met from the forum have been very nice, fortunately not too nice (i.e. rapey)
Lol! You've nothing to fear from me I can assure you - unless you're a bit of wood that is. Then I'm a butcher! It would definitely be good to meet up with some local fellow woodworkers. Let's see if we can get a regular meet up going.

That's good to know memzey ;-D

Okay well when would people prefer? I'm away next weekend, but apart from that it's all looking pretty free.

I'm also good after work most evenings if that makes things easier. Let's pick a date when the most people can attend.

Latest posts

Back