Herts Wood Workers - Thought i'd give this ago

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally flexible except Tue and Thur eve. Weekends depend on family stuff but usually not too bad.

Okay most people seem to be up for an evening.

How does Wednesday the 7th sound?

memzey":2u93fn9k said:
To be fair I've met a number of great people from this website and have yet to be raped!

On that basis, I'm not interested in a meet :lol:

Met loads of wronguns through car clubs/sites over the years, so you lot cant be any more socially inept than them :D

Is there a location for said meetup?

i am Goffs Oak. Limited time in life due to work / refurbishing the new house and retraining as a sparks in the new year but i would be up for a meet as always keen to pick up advice and knowledge (plus drink beer)

Watford is a bit of a pig for me as don't currently drive

So my initial suggestion was the flag at watford junctions but the misses did point out it gets quite music heavy quite early, so I don't know if anyone has a quieter suggestion? There's a few smaller ones between there and the high street.

Copes":sxlb0hrq said:
So I'll admit I'm not much of a pub person.

There is this place which I drive past often.

41 Langley Rd
https://goo.gl/maps/qSL82egPv8Q2

Not sure if it's a pub or food place. Parking though :)

Its more a food place but pub as well with parking round the back.

The other possibility is the Essex Arms http://www.emberinns.co.uk/nationalsear ... ms-watford

Another food and pub type with plenty of parking and slightly more focus on the pub side and serve real ale so would be my preference.

Copes":a1mn0gqt said:
Works for me, sounds like cutting is the expert ;-)

I have had a couple of beers in my time :lol:

Do we wear pink carnations? Actually, I think I have a UK Workshop badge from years ago.

I should be easy enough to pick out of a crowd: I'm the enormous oaf with a shaven head. Probably still in a suit and tie as it'll be after work!

Someone could write UK workshop on a piece of paper and put it in the middle of the table.
Or else it'll look like a load of guys are trying to pick up the poor guy in a suit thats just finished work and doesn't happen to be memzey!!

Lol, i may volunteer to post a mug shot on here, so people can congregate around me.

What time would be good for everyone?

Copes":zi3jdk9y said:
Lol, i may volunteer to post a mug shot on here, so people can congregate around me.

What time would be good for everyone?

You can PM us all if you don't want to go public ;-)

I am very close and work from home so am flexible. Probably down to the folks with further to come and work to fit in.

Back