Help with Dewalt Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfarrar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought my first Router a second hand Dewalt 613, it seems to work great but it is creating a lot of dust! I have looked online and see dewalt routers with a clear plastic funnel to fix a vacuum to it, my router looks to have the point this fixes to but looking online I can't see anything listed for this model number. Does anyone know if there is a dust extractor available anywhere that will fit this router?

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for that but I see that it says part 84 dust extractor but then it doesn't show this on the picture which is odd, looking at the picture I would have thought 82 is the part but then there is nothing listed for 82?

The part you need is Dewalt 945304-01
It bolts on through the guide bush holes
Matt

Cool thanks. One other question, what is the best way to hook up a henry hoover to this? At the moment I'm using a lot of tape to adapt to fit a small tube. Is there a proper kit for doing this?

What are you cutting? if its MDF then it will be very dusty, cut at a lower speed for bigger chips.

Tape is probably the easiest way to connect your vac but you can buy adaptors.

Pete

mfarrar":6b9jo7ws said:
Cool thanks. One other question, what is the best way to hook up a henry hoover to this? At the moment I'm using a lot of tape to adapt to fit a small tube. Is there a proper kit for doing this?

This: http://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-stepped-hose-reducer will connect pretty much any hoover to pretty much any portable tool, at a price.

Thanks for the replies, I was cutting pine I think. I will try the cutter on some hardwood when I get a chance and see how it copes. Hopefully the dust extractor part will help a lot.

Now I just need to see about knocking together a Router table!

Back