help wiring up a motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trojan62

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i was given this motor free of charge from a member on the site and apparently its off of a record planer/thicknesser.
as you can see in the pictures it has an NVR switch.
there is 4 wires comming from the NVR and i was hoping someone would point me in the right direction in how to wire this up properly.
even if i cant use the NVR, is there a way to just connect a normal plug to it to power it .

hope you can help
thanks

chris....

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 126
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 126
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 126
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 126
  • pic5.JPG
    pic5.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 126
Is it a 2 speed single phase motor by any chance? - just trying to figure out the motor wiring. Looks more like wiring to a 3 phase motor but I think thats a capacitor in your photos which would suggest single phase.

The 2 core cables could have connected to micro switches on panel covers etc to prevent the motor starting in the event of a cover being left open?

You may have to open up the actual switch enclosure and see which switches the various cables connect to.

Sorry but thats the best I can come up with!

Jimmy

Hi the switch between thickening and planning used to be connected to safety switches on the planner thicknesses so now they aren't their, will stop it from working as originally wired. So you will need to get inside the nvr switch to take away those safety shut offs.

regards Richard

these are the inside pics of the nvr switch.
if i cant run it with the nvr, surely someone knows how i can fit a normal plug to it to run it that way...

thanks

chris....

Attachments

• IMG_0014 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0014 (Small).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0015 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0015 (Small).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0016 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0016 (Small).JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 45