HELP ! , Where can I buy one of these ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be easy to mistake, "I don't want to buy from China", as a potentially racist preference. Some folk would be less keen to help a racist.

Look where we have come in this world!

Is it really racist to want to buy from your home country and to support our local industry? I hope that was tongue in cheek. :)

I appreciate that may have not been the OPs mindset but why does it seem to me others always jump to the negative conclusion?

Mick

Then say "I'd like to buy British made". Nothing wrong with that. But I doubt you'll find one. If we assume this is for an Axminster lathe, you may think Axmimster = British. But sadly Axminster buy a lot of lathes from China. Even if they made lathes themselves, they would buy these components from China, because no engineer in Britain could possibly make them cheaper or considered better made than the Chinese ones.

I work in a manufacturing industry. We buy Philips components. They used to come from Poland. Now they're all made in China. Shipping is cheaper than the added cost of European labour.

I'm the same person I was 10 years ago , Still not keen on being hounded

Look at it logically , Did you comments point me in a direction of a UK supplier ? As I asked for ?
I have re read the posts and can't see one ?

Here’s the funny thing. Within a few minutes of your post I striped the locking handle on the depth stop of my morticer, so I was looking for a replacement from my own stock (I have quite a few, high quality ones, brand new in a range of sizes) or to buy another one, I considered changing the thread to use one I had or putting a captive screw in etc, eventually ordered some from eBay, from China as I can wait the week or two but I also came across several EU suppliers but I didn’t want the quantity or their price. So I had a load of info to hand and if you’d said what you were after and I happened to have one maybe I’d have sent you one for free.

However you didn’t ask that and instead you’ve decided to be aggressive when we’ve suggested that you didn’t really ask the question that would have gotten you what you wanted faster.

Maybe you have changed, maybe I misjudged you previously, not a mistake I shall make twice I hope.

All the best

A

It could be easy to mistake, "I don't want to buy from China", as a potentially racist preference. Some folk would be less keen to help a racist.

Oh dear , You read into it what you want , Should make you feel happy
All over a request for some locking leavers :confused:

Buy a length of thead and a couple handles off eBay. Bit of superglue and you’ve got levers for life!

Back