Hello UKW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bench_monkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, thought id say hello as i plan to be lurking regularly. Im a bench joiner from the mids area, currently served 11 years in a small purpose made joinery shop (8 including 1 deaf disabled and 1 learning dificulty) making doors/windows/stairs/conservatories etc etc. For the past few years i have been chosen to do runs of barn conversions equating to 15+ windows/3-5 doors and frames on each job. Not had much experience with stairs but have done a few flights, plenty of conservatories or 'garden rooms' as they have now been dubbed!

I have been toying with the idea of finding somewhere like this for a while, despite being hard work and often offputting, i still have a genuine interest in the trade and how it has progressed over the years. Stories by the bosses of old fashioned tooling and machinery has always interested me so i thought it best to share my interest somewhere it wold be appreciated.

looking forward to contributing and enjoying the boards.

Tom.

Yes, welcome to UKW, don't be too hard on those of us who don't do woodwork for a living :lol:

Welcome to the forum Tom, I'm sure you'll soon get involved with some of the members projects.

Latest posts

Back