Hello all

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grayo

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently joined the forum and this is my first post so please be gentle. I used to be a carpenter many years ago up to the age of 28, then my work went in a different direction and I became a press photographer up until around four years ago when I had to retire on ill health grounds. The last four years have mainly been sat in a chair at home watching a lot of TV and vegetating and putting on a lot of weight which I don't want to talk about.

I recently decided to get off my backside and do something to keep me active. I have a nice big double garage with lots of space so decided I wanted to get back into woodworking. I have recently purchased a plane/thicknesser, a sliding mitre saw/chop saw, a router and selection of bits, and on Wednesday had a two hundred mile round trip to pick up a great band saw (Record Power SB300) so looking forward to getting in the garage and having a play around with some wood, even if it's only knocking out a few bird nesting boxes or feeding tables at least I'll be doing something rather than sat on my backside.

welcome to the forums

as long as you enjoy..then bird boxes it is :D

but we want pics

Steve

carlb40":mb4r5kic said:
SteveF":mb4r5kic said:
welcome to the forums

as long as you enjoy..then bird boxes it is :D

but we want pics

Steve
Especially of the bandsaw set up :D

Really pleased with the band saw. The guy I purchased it from had hardly used it, it was stored in his garage doing nothing, apart from a little surface rust on the table top the rest is like brand new. Just ordered a new blade from Tuff Saws for it as well.

Peter Sefton":3diby22q said:
Your off to a good start with Tuff saws 8)
Peter

Yes I read a few reviews on the forum about Tuff Saws. Ian is very helpful and knows his stuff.

i must get around to calling Ian

I already failed by not posting pics of my BS assembly :oops:

Steve

SteveF":3p6gpr2t said:

Steve

Better off emailing him, I tried a few times to phone him without success but he tends to answer his email quickly.

Grayo":11ci0x21 said:
SteveF":11ci0x21 said:

Steve

Better off emailing him, I tried a few times to phone him without success but he tends to answer his email quickly.
that's a shame

i hate the to n fro of emails
like to pick up phone and get the answer i want
i want a blade for resaw
a blade for acrylic
a blade for general purpose

just easier to say i want, and someone to say ....u need this..but this would be better

Steve

Yes get your point but I'm sure if you emailed Ian with your needs he would answer you with what you want to do the job.

As promised a couple of pictures of my recently purchased items to get me started back into woodworking.

First pic: My Record Power BS300 Band saw

Second pic: A bench I have just knocked up to place my Sip Planer/thicknesser on

Third pic: My Sip 8"x 8" planer/thicknesser sitting on the shelf where it will be stored when not in use.

paul saunders":3pk00org said:
Nice bench, where did you get that nice green shiney wood from :grin:

Sent from my AN10BG3 using Tapatalk 2

Sadly the wood didn't come in that colour but the paint is from B&Q mix it range

Back