hell for the next few weeks!!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott":1dvs30gn said:
Spare a thought for the poor Scots in Illustrious who were made to stand and cheer England against their will. I see the RN hasn't changed much since the days of the press gang! :D
Ah, bless 'em. :lol:

I'm not wholly suprised there's some support for England in Ireland - after all we have all got behind Ireland in the past. The same would no doubt apply to Scotland - but they need to get into the World Cup first... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Pleading Scottish ancestry in hopes of surviving the response! :shock: :lol:

Alf":2ma1tneo said:
Scotland - but they need to get into the World Cup first... :wink:

[-X No, no, no! You've totally misunderstood the situation! We're actually boycotting the World Cup this time round!

:whistle:

neilc":1tf0glkh said:
Seriously though a recent poll over here showed 32% of us are supporting you which was a big surprise to everyone.

I should hope so, too, after all your best ever manager was English - although he did have an Irish granny :wink:

Scrit

neilc":9u7p97y8 said:
Seriously though a recent poll over here showed 32% of us are supporting you which was a big surprise to everyone.

Isn't that just because they're all Man Utd fans??

"Pray for Rooney's Foot!".... :lol:

Scott":2a3369fa said:
Isn't that just because they're all Man Utd fans??

A few years back when I was working in Dublin I recall having to organise air travel back to Manchester from Dublin up to 2 months in advance or risk being unable to fly at all - all because in Fridays and Saturday mornings Ryan Air and Aer Lingus were booked up weeks ahead by Man U. fans......... So you could well be right

Scrit

How strange, Englishmen that don't like football. Almost as odd as an American (me) who does like it. Folks at my work think I am nut to get so excited about the World Cup.

I think the Scottish just need to join a different Football Confederation if they want to qualify. I'd offer to let them join CONCACAF but I like the stranglehold the USA has on qualifying out of our region. It guarantees some US televison network has to broadcast the World Cup :) Maybe they could petition to take Australia's place in Oceania :D

Wendell

I had to smile on Friday when I picked up my eldest (5 yr old) from school. The world cup provides a good excuse for a bit of geography and all the kids came out with flags that they had made. Most of course were english, a couple had french etc simple shapes and colours, but spare a thought for the teacher who had to sort out the Mexican flag. Instead of just 2 or 3 colours they had to sort out an eagle sitting on a prickly pear tree holding a snake :lol

My prize for best TV pundit so far goes to Martin O'Neill his modesty comes straight from the teachings of Brian Clough :lol: and for the look on Wrighty's face when Lineker asked him what he though of S&M*

By the way will there be a match that does not contain a UK based player?

Andy

*thats Serbia and Montenegro of course.

dedee":3hkx1mrk said:
By the way will there be a match that does not contain a UK based player?

On the slim chance that someone may care.....

According to FIFAs web site there are only 6 teams out of 32 without a player registered with a UK club. In the group stages only the match between Saudi Arabia and Ukraine will not have a UK representative in the squads. Of course there is no guarantee that the other teams will field a UK based player.
Italy & Saudi Arabia are the only squads entirely composed of home based players.

Andy (it's quite here today :roll: )

I absolutely hate football and always have.

However, I watched and enjoyed the England match this weekend with my wife and daughters and hope the team goes on to greater things - particularly in the second half of the games.

Seems that someone forgot to mention that you have to play in both halves :roll:

Not a football fan--cycling's my sport, used to do it competitively, but I have nothing against football fans, at least the majority who just enjoy the sport for what it is--just a game.

What annoys me is silly stuff, like an entire day's news (all day long on radio and TV) dedicated to following Wayne Rooney's every movement as he returned to the UK to see about his foot.

Brad

Alf":2relv1yi said:
I'm not wholly suprised there's some support for England in Ireland - after all we have all got behind Ireland in the past

Alas, that is very true.......

Not sure I wish to explore this concept any further Noel... :wink:

Reminds me of an amusing story, however: whilst beating my Australian secretary to the ground today, as a result of this weekend's rugby, she stopped screaming for mercy for long enough to tell me about this truly bizarre individual:

http://wesclark.com/rrr/hopoate.html

Sad, but it made me laugh - quite a lot - I particularly like one of the victim's quotes:

n response to suggestions from Hopoate's counsel, Bernard Gross QC, that his client had been administering "a wedgie", Jones said: "It was in the anal area. I think I know the difference between a wedgie and someone putting their fingers up my bum."

Gotta love our Aussie friends... :lol:

In Sydney would that be regarded as getting fresh ? :shock:

Still laughing Shady, interesting story.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Makes me glad that I only ever played the 15 - man code!!!!

Disturbed of South Wales.

Yeah! But i bet that none of your rugby players can dance like this
15006475423.gif

Thank God :wink:

Shady,

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Not sure I wish to explore this concept any further Noel...

Reminds me of an amusing story, however: whilst beating my Australian secretary to the ground today, as a result of this weekend's rugby, she stopped screaming for mercy for long enough to tell me about this truly bizarre individual:

http://wesclark.com/rrr/hopoate.html

Sad, but it made me laugh - quite a lot - I particularly like one of the victim's quotes:

Quote:
n response to suggestions from Hopoate's counsel, Bernard Gross QC, that his client had been administering "a wedgie", Jones said: "It was in the anal area. I think I know the difference between a wedgie and someone putting their fingers up my bum."

Funny when i went to school the 3 "F's" certainly did not stand for that.

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back