Hegner arrived today - Not so happy - Update, Now very happy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jmac80":nq7yok3b said:
mac1012":nq7yok3b said:
now 500-600 for a phone with a half eaten fruit for a logo that fits in your back pocket that is mass produced in china for peanuts to me that is daylight robbery :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

=D> well said mate! iPhone 5s 64gb is £709!! :shock:
.... a fool and his money ......

mac1012":2ww63mxj said:
700 !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was looking at prices the hegner multicut 1 1n 1998 was 250 that's 17 years ago a dewalt 20 inch was 800 notes a record 20 inch was 800 and a delta 18 inch was 450

the record was the better model that is seen on ebay and one or two have on here that got them second hand so they have a bargain !

so a jump of 150 in 17 years vat was 17 % then so add a tenner on at todays vat rate that makes it 140 more to buy today

I guess when you consider how much wages , energy etc have gone up in same period it seems reasonable

I purchased my Multicut 2S variable in Dec 1999 the cost was £436 inc delivery. the only problem I have had with mine was an intermittent on/off switch about 2 months ago, not bad after 15 years of ownership and use!

(FWIW even the switch cost me nowt from my odds and sods switch box!)

Jmac80":2db3jme3 said:
Must say though, Other than the obvious problems the machine does look quality (ignoring it's dated look),

IMHO the dated look is a plus point, I much prefer something that is built like a 'brick chicken house' with a dated look than some swish modern design that adds nowt to the operation of the device.

Hi all I Think Fork Lifts have a lot to answer for I have seen young men flying a round in ware houses.
And lift forks going in to carbored Boxs

scrimper":s4fgqane said:
That's a shame, what a disappointment for you but at least they have not tried to fob you off with just a new bolt as some companies would!
In fairness about the packing; I doubt that they have many problems with damaged machines, if damage was a regular occurrence surely they would have improved things rather than have a dissatisfied customer and the hassle of having to change a machine?

It is sometime since I bought my Hegner but I remember it did arrive in a very stout box and IMHO it would have taken some rough handling to damage it!

It would be interesting to know if any others here have bought new Hegners and had them arrived damaged?

Hope you get your replacement soon, it's worth waiting for. :)

+ 1

Take care.

Chris R.

Macho white van or disgruntled delivery man are my two main suspects.

One incident last year when warning a courier collection service that a parcel was deceptively heavy, for his own good, (small and 20+ kilos) I was treated to a display of chucking said parcel in through the side door of the vehicle from a good two metres out, straight on top of the jumbled pile already in the van and a rapid scorch and braking down the drive to close the sliding door.

Small update, Hegner received the saw back today.
Guy at Hegner now thinks it may have happened in Germany before shipping, He agrees the don't really check them, just slit open the corner and put in a UK cable.
They just got a new batch in today so is sending me one of them and some free blades :) Will be sent out tomorrow!!
So i should be cutting my mid next week. Will update when it arrives (hopefully in one piece) :)

Hopefully a satisfactory result, to a very disappointing start for yourself. :(

Also confirmation of good service from a reputable supplier. =D>

Happy scrolling, I guarantee you will enjoy using the Hegner. :wink:

Chris R.

Hi all :)

Well the new saw arrived yesterday safe and sound! I never got a chance to use it yesterday as I came down with a bad bug... Temp over 39c and freezing in bed, feel better now but just stomach cramps etc.. Strange!
Anyway, took it to the garage earlier and had a quick try, seems a very very nice well made saw with low vibration and quiet in use.
The only thing I'm not so sure about is the dust blower, does it even work? It connects to a tube that goes round the back to the bottom to what looks like a bit for sticking a Hoover into for suction, how can this blow the dust away from the work surface?
Got it a few mm from the cutting surface but it doesn't seem to blow anything and nout about it in the manual.

Thanks.

James

The tube that goes around the back should connect into the plastic bellows. As the saw operates it compresses the bellows and you get enough wind to blow the dust off the line - at least that's what happens with my Axminster clone of the Hegner.

Brian

finneyb":22t8ol62 said:
James

The tube that goes around the back should connect into the plastic bellows. As the saw operates it compresses the bellows and you get enough wind to blow the dust off the line - at least that's what happens with my Axminster clone of the Hegner.

Brian
Thanks Brian, now that would make sense :)
So there must be a small hole on the clear bellow somewhere, will have a look in a bit!

finneyb":1ys0d42g said:
James

Brian
Thanks Brian, now that would make sense :)
So there must be a small hole on the clear bellow somewhere, will have a look in a bit!

James.

That’s great news, use and enjoy.
Sure that you had a bug, and not just over excited. :wink:

Joking aside, hope you feel better soon, and give that saw a good workout. (hammer)

Take care.

Chris R.

The hole in the bellows is at the rear and at the bottom. The tube should be a nice snug fit, if forsomereason its tad loose use a piece of masking tape. I don't use the dust extraction point underneath. I have a pipe close to the table that collects the dust as it is made and its connected to a Henry vacuum. Hope you enjoy your Hegner andmake lots of interesting projects.

Chippygeoff":1fmuo6zv said:
The hole in the bellows is at the rear and at the bottom. The tube should be a nice snug fit, if forsomereason its tad loose use a piece of masking tape.

That's exactly what I had to do with mine, it kept pulling out, very annoying, as you say a bit of tape soon fixed it. :)

where you had it connected before is if you want to connect to a dust extractor , you simply connect the hose into the large port and then the dust will be taken away from the top and bottom of the table simple , I have the record mid range dust extractor with power tool hose and connectors the beauty of this is I can just move around the workshop and connect to my different machines quckly and simply for effective dust extraction , I would strongly recommend some dust extraction at some stage to minimise dust and better for your health.

have fun with your new toy :lol:

mark

Latest posts

Back