Hegner arrived today - Not so happy - Update, Now very happy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac80

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)

Saw arrived today however upon opening the box it’s obvious it had been damaged.
The mount from top table to bottom base was not connected and the bolt for it was lying in the bottom of the box, basically saw in 2 pieces top and bottom because this was not screwed in tightly?
When it has come apart and in transit or whatever it has moved and bent the bolt that holds the vertical mount in place. making it squint so the table won’t mount straight.
Attaching some pictures so you can see...
Spoke to Hegner today and they have arranged for the courier to pick it up Monday then when they receive it they will send another from the new batch coming in Wednesday which is good but will delay me actually getting to use it by about 2 weeks :( I was so excited when i heard it had arrived today (like a little kid) lol
Anyway these things happen at least Hegner are replacing it, The guy said he doesn't want to just send a new bolt as it's obvious from the pics it has had a knock so anything could be out on any mounts by 1mm etc which makes all the difference on a precision machine like this! Which is a concern i noted in my email to them.

So back to looking at youtube vids etc for me! :roll:

20140124_125131%20(Medium).jpg

20140124_130108%20(Medium).jpg

20140124_130217%20(Medium).jpg

20140124_130417%20(Medium).jpg

20140124_130538%20(Medium).jpg

20140124_140319%20(Medium).jpg

ps, the box was signed for with the message "box has damage on it" or words to that effect.

What a shame!!! I hate it when you are all excited waiting for pressy to come through and it doesn't arrive or is hurt - soooo annoying :x

you did the right thing in sending it back .A couple of gross of nicqua blades would not be out of order for the inconvenience .

Keep us updated .

You would think a company like Hegner, marketing a not inconsiderably priced small machine tool would have heard of some expanded polystyrene or similar in the way of caging and supporting brackets to allow transport without that happening.
I wonder how many arrive strained but not actually failed, and some poor recipient wonders why they have an inconsistency in use or an unexpected future failure.

Thats bad luck and so annoying. I know just how you are feeling. Agree with Eugene, a token gesture would be in order.

Thanks all, Yep so frustrating. Was so excited to get started. Eugene you are right, a couple of gross wouldn't hurt considering i paid nearly a grand for it all... I did mention some free blades and he said he would see what he can do but i get the impression there quite stingy at Hegner UK lol.

Just what i was thinking Chas, Why not just fill with packer?

Must say though, Other than the obvious problems the machine does look quality (ignoring it's dated look), Very nice heavy cast iron table and a good weight of the entire unit.

I really feel for you and all the frustration and what makes it worse is that you now know you will have to wait another period of time before you can actually get to use it. I remember when I was waiting for my Hegner to arrive, every time I heard a van stop I would look out of the window. The problem here, and its the same with most companies, Hegner recieve a batch from Germany and everything goes straight to the store area and then they go out again as orders come in and in all this time none of the boxes are opened to check that everything is okay so in effect your saw was made and packed in Germany and the next time it saw daylight was when you opened the box.

I think the worst company for this is record power tools. I orderd a grinder from them and over a period I received three as each time I got one it was damaged. I rang them. I said I know its highly inconvenient and you don't normally do this but would it be possible you could open the box and check the grinder is okay before you send it. I even offered to send them my stanley knife. The forth one was okay.

I was very sorry yo hear of the problem that you have suffered,and I would been very upset has understandable that you are.I was very fortunate to be able to pick mine up at the industrial estate where they were situated.If Hegner have more machines damaged in this way they will have to protect them more when in transit.

Bryan

Chippygeoff":3m55z9do said:
The problem here, and its the same with most companies, Hegner recieve a batch from Germany and everything goes straight to the store area and then they go out again as orders come in and in all this time none of the boxes are opened to check that everything is okay so in effect your saw was made and packed in Germany and the next time it saw daylight was when you opened the box.

The problem is that Hegner lacks the basic skill and customer service to pack effectively.
If Hegner UK are just acting as a postal box as you suggest then they are being paid just to sit there without adding value - no wonder the price is so high.

Brian.

Well, no, there seems to be no significant price difference between Hegner UK, Hegner DE, Hegner Austria, Hegner Italia and any of the others as I found out when investigating last year.

Feel for you fella....

Maybe write to their Head Office in Germany, suggesting better packing :) you never know they might send you something FOC.

toesy":2rjp4bww said:
Feel for you fella....

Maybe write to their Head Office in Germany, suggesting better packing :) you never know they might send you something FOC.
:lol: Might just do that this weekend as I'll have plenty time on my hands now =D>

heatherw":3e975azb said:
Well, no, there seems to be no significant price difference between Hegner UK, Hegner DE, Hegner Austria, Hegner Italia and any of the others as I found out when investigating last year.

I'm not suggesting that Hegner UK is more expensive than Hegner DE and others - if the distribution method is as described they are all just acting a post boxes and not adding value, while taking money out the system, hence the high price.

That's a shame, what a disappointment for you but at least they have not tried to fob you off with just a new bolt as some companies would!
In fairness about the packing; I doubt that they have many problems with damaged machines, if damage was a regular occurrence surely they would have improved things rather than have a dissatisfied customer and the hassle of having to change a machine?

It is sometime since I bought my Hegner but I remember it did arrive in a very stout box and IMHO it would have taken some rough handling to damage it!

It would be interesting to know if any others here have bought new Hegners and had them arrived damaged?

Hope you get your replacement soon, it's worth waiting for. :)

finney that's the nature of a lot of products if you think about it , white goods, apple phones , computers, cameras and a whole load of other stuff

manufacturer makes it company purchases it , then sells it on to us for a profit , all products are moved around and a lot of them never opened until we receive it

I don't think they are overpriced the 20% vat adds quite a bit , in my opinion they are worth the money , for most people the base model is sufficient at 400 , less without vat

I had base model for four years and done hours and hours on it and sold my stuff to pay for it many times over ony part needed was recently the link arm bearing which is a consumable part costing 20 pounds

they get a bit of a bashing on here sometimes but the completion is limited , the fault lies with other manufactures pulling the plug like dewalt , delta, and rexon made a good machine and record at one time

I have a old magazine from 1998 from uk and in it you are spoilt for choice of quality machines to buy, at least hegner are still in the game thankfully in uk

now 500-600 for a phone with a half eaten fruit for a logo that fits in your back pocket that is mass produced in china for peanuts to me that is daylight robbery :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mac1012":1u756uw1 said:
now 500-600 for a phone with a half eaten fruit for a logo that fits in your back pocket that is mass produced in china for peanuts to me that is daylight robbery :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wise words indeed and it does put the price of a Hegner into perspective. :)

Well said Mark, when I bought my saw I put in an order for some extras and they were shipped separately .Which means that my saw was shipped to UK and forwarded to me in Irl. from uk and never opened before being sent,.

Mind you it was very well packed and would take a lot of knocking about to damage it. Very true what you say about the phones which is an even bigger scandal as they are used by almost everyone.

mac1012":8kjq8q7s said:

=D> well said mate! iPhone 5s 64gb is £709!! :shock:

700 !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was looking at prices the hegner multicut 1 1n 1998 was 250 that's 17 years ago a dewalt 20 inch was 800 notes a record 20 inch was 800 and a delta 18 inch was 450

the record was the better model that is seen on ebay and one or two have on here that got them second hand so they have a bargain !

so a jump of 150 in 17 years vat was 17 % then so add a tenner on at todays vat rate that makes it 140 more to buy today

I guess when you consider how much wages , energy etc have gone up in same period it seems reasonable

Back