Hegner arrived today - Not so happy - Update, Now very happy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been thinking about dust extraction, what unit do you have, can you post a link please? Also need a decent face mask especially as I want to try some MDF projects.

Thanks

Great to see its been sorted, wish I could have bought a new one....

Questions for those Hegner users out here with experience, are there any spares Jmac80 (James) and me should look to buy in advance, ie things that will wear and maybe need replacing?

Jmac80":2jkx6447 said:
I have been thinking about dust extraction, what unit do you have, can you post a link please? Also need a decent face mask especially as I want to try some MDF projects.

Thanks

James.

My advice as always is to get an extraction/collecting unit with an induction motor. My reason, scroll sawing involves long run periods, which brush motors (ie in vacuum units are not really rated for), induction on the other hand have no wearing parts, other than shaft bearings.

See http://www.axminster.co.uk

I have no connection with the above, other than a customer, many times over. :roll:

Take care.

Chris R.

toesy":3d1woi7i said:
Great to see its been sorted, wish I could have bought a new one....

Questions for those Hegner users out here with experience, are there any spares Jmac80 (James) and me should look to buy in advance, ie things that will wear and maybe need replacing?

Toesy.

I purchased my Hegner many years ago, it gets reasonably heavy use, I have not had to order or use any spare parts to date.
Other than extra blade clamps, which is not really a spare.

Take care.

Chris R.

ChrisR":26hd6dfc said:
Jmac80":26hd6dfc said:

Thanks

James.

My advice as always is to get an extraction/collecting unit with an induction motor. My reason, scroll sawing involves long run periods, which brush motors (ie in vacuum units are not really rated for), induction on the other hand have no wearing parts, other than shaft bearings.

See http://www.axminster.co.uk

I have no connection with the above, other than a customer, many times over. :roll:

Take care.

Chris R.

Hi Chris
You are just a fountain of knowledge and experience, thanks mate :)

zackburnet":150ypan8 said:
Claim warranty , but they need to see the damage, won't buy Hegner

Am I the only person confused by this post? Are you saying that Hegner need proof that a part is faulty before giving you a free replacement? TBH I would have thought that entirely normal.

I imagine that like other companies if they had a part that failed that was known to be due to a manufacturing fault and was now modified they would not necessarily ask to see the evidence, but I quite understand that they don't just send out free spares to all and sundry!

zackburnet":2zedc5it said:

Actually I think you are using your posts to spam your youtube link. Will report to admin.

scrimper":vasrt7t9 said:
zackburnet":vasrt7t9 said:

Am I the only person confused by this post? Are you saying that Hegner need proof that a part is faulty before giving you a free replacement? TBH I would have thought that entirely normal.

I imagine that like other companies if they had a part that failed that was known to be due to a manufacturing fault and was now modified they would not necessarily ask to see the evidence, but I quite understand that they don't just send out free spares to all and sundry!

Glad it wasn't just me that got confused lol :lol:

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, and I may have even read the reason as to why not as it seems a bit familiar...
But why not just use another quick release knob on the bottom of the Hegner also?

Jmac80":2gqya01h said:
I'm sure this has been asked many times before, and I may have even read the reason as to why not as it seems a bit familiar...
But why not just use another quick release knob on the bottom of the Hegner also?

Not sure myself, but in use, I clamp the blade - drop it into the little metal bracket thingy ma jig, pull blade up thru slot and then push down the next clamp and twist, I think in reality if you were trying to get the blade straight whilst bending down and your hands/fingers under the table it would be more awkward/time consuming and possibly dangerous..

at least with this, you know the blade is straight in the bottom clamp

Jmac80":6pf3slnr said:

The only real need for the quick release blade holder is to make it quick and easy to make internal or piercing cuts, most Hegner users will have several lower blade clamps ready fitted with various blades, it's then simple to unscrew the quick clamp knob unhook the lower clamp with blade and shove a new one in, you can fiddle the lower clamp underneath without actually looking at it.

scrimper":1chn2i6u said:
Jmac80":1chn2i6u said:

The only real need for the quick release blade holder is to make it quick and easy to make internal or piercing cuts, most Hegner users will have several lower blade clamps ready fitted with various blades, it's then simple to unscrew the quick clamp knob unhook the lower clamp with blade and shove a new one in, you can fiddle the lower clamp underneath without actually looking at it.

Thanks scrimper.
Was just having a play changing blades and your right. It's actually really quick and easy.
Wow I love this machine AND this forum :)

Good to see you are up and running at last Jmac, and better still that you are in love with it :lol: :lol:

Now I shall await with bated breath for the pictures to appear :lol:

Well, at least Hegner's are acting responsibly, unlike some of the downmarket suppliers. They have a good reputation to protect.

Back