Hc 260 repair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I bought a second hand EB hc260 last week so thought i would order some new parts. So glad i did.
20211204_095746.jpg
20211204_101926.jpg

I't's not just this make of planer thicknesser that chews up the rubber feed rollers, my DeWalt about 25 years ago used to eat the things. I think they cost £18.

Colin

Hi there,
Is this an infeed roller we're looking at? If so, it should be a serrated metal one with the rubber one on the outfeed side. Apologies, if I've read the picture wrongly.
Niall

Hi there,
Is this an infeed roller we're looking at? If so, it should be a serrated metal one with the rubber one on the outfeed side. Apologies, if I've read the picture wrongly.
Niall
This should be the outfeed roller, which you can see from the hole in the bottom bar, which is for holding the lowering/raising thumb screw for the top table. Also the depth of cut markings on the left show it's the infeed side of the top tables (so the outfeed side of the thicknesser).

Just to confirm this is the outfeed roller. I took both top tables off as its easier to check everything. Cheers martin

Hi Martin,
Ah, yes I see now. Was a bit confused as I have the much older German made machine, which doesn't have the safety cover over the rear of the cutter block. Also the outfeed roller on these is a finely ridged steel one. For the price it's a good sturdy machine. I purchased mine in about 1984 and it survived 30 years in a trade workshop - only now is the motor starting to overheat .
Niall

The rubber roller does wear out though very slowly. It's interesting on yours that there's no wear on the left hand side. I try to feed timber in different places to spread the wear on the blades, maybe because I'm tight.

Back