Have you noticed....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozzer

Established Member
Reaction score
...the number of cars flying round with defective lights? Do the boys in blue ignore it these days?
In the last few weeks I've seen dozens of vehicles with only one headlight working, and a fair number with both lights operational but one of 'em is either stuck on full beam or is so out of alignment, it's blinding.
Cars with fog lights that come on instead of the indicator is a biggie, as well as no brake lights...

What's going on? I've never spotted so many faulty jobs...

Nearby to where I live the boys in blue ignore Lads riding motorcross bikes without helmets on the main roads. I was shocked one day when, on my way home, I saw a quad bike with 6 out-riders on motorbikes coming the other way. Not one of them had a helmet on and the sad thing is, I was driving past the police station at the time

When the local team pulled me for a alleged light issue, it was not an issue.

I had fun pointing out their MOT failours.
Bold rea tyre, visable from viewd behind.
Defective number plate.
Loose body trim.

I made sure for weeks afterwards i was driving very well.

Just done my 7 days of evenings at work doing 1-2 hundred miles a day. Oh boy, do I notice them! Not to mention the complete twits going round with rear fog lights on in the rain, a few who don't dip, or worse, their dipped lights are so bright they're like normal people's full beam. (I'm looking at you, RAng Rover drivers) There is no need for it and wish the limit for brightness was lower. And of course the middle-of-the-motorway hogs. Given that there was quite a hefty fine introduced for that a few years ago, you'd think it would be enforced! Need more traffic cops!

Given that there was quite a hefty fine introduced for that a few years ago, you'd think it would be enforced! Need more traffic cops!
It is very easy for the politicians to pass a law and claim that they are doing something to solve the problem. At the same time however, they need to increase the resources available to implement the new law. But they don't, and that means that laws are not enforced, undermining all the other laws.....

Nearby to where I live the boys in blue ignore Lads riding motorcross bikes without helmets on the main roads. I was shocked one day when, on my way home, I saw a quad bike with 6 out-riders on motorbikes coming the other way. Not one of them had a helmet on and the sad thing is, I was driving past the police station at the time

It used to be they couldn’t pursue helmetless riders, I think that’s changed now but I imagine they’d be a bit reluctant

Idiots with adapted head lights that change colour slightly, front number plate removed and put on the dashboard, the exploding exhaust pipes emitting sonic booms , the silly person the other morning that almost drove into the side of my car then had the nerve to violently swing in front of me just because he was at fault, the colour blind that only recognise green lights , the numerically challenged that don’t include the 1st 0 to 30 mph when driving on Britain’s roads, the mobile phone calls that have to be made or answered while driving whilst you have to take evasive action to avoid a collision, the uninsured, the drink drivers, drug drivers etc etc and yet where are the police, and why are the only cctv cameras operating situated in those really important and life saving bus lanes ????

Hah, bus lanes! I had to service a Premier Inn in Bedford a couple of weeks back. The only access to it appears to be along a bus lane! The cars in the car park must have levitated in or something... No sense or reason whatsoever.

I’m all for bus lanes and cycle lanes and low traffic areas and 20 limits. Anything that encourages people not to drive is a real win in my mind.

There’s my controversial post for this week done.
I agree entirely. The only trouble is, none of these things encourage people not to drive - well, apart from a small minority of course. Take the free-to-use electric scooters for example ( I don't know if they're still free, mind). Very popular, but who's using them? My money's on people who don't drive anyway.

...the number of cars flying round with defective lights? Do the boys in blue ignore it these days?
In the last few weeks I've seen dozens of vehicles with only one headlight working, and a fair number with both lights operational but one of 'em is either stuck on full beam or is so out of alignment, it's blinding.
Cars with fog lights that come on instead of the indicator is a biggie, as well as no brake lights...

What's going on? I've never spotted so many faulty jobs...
My 2003 Mercedes would use the fog light instead when the indicator lamp failed. I was quite impressed when it showed a dash message saying "turn signal lamp failed- using fog lamp instead".

No ones mentioned the electric scooter, the ones now used by dealers to distribute their wares. No issues with defective lights here as they don't have them and for the majority what is wrong with using their legs.

I've been waiting for my flying car since Raymond Baxter said it would be coming in 25 years, that was about 60 years ago:(
I'm trying to imagine today's traffic volumes (and driver competency) translated into three dimensions, with the added implications of even minor collisions ending in falling from great heights. Probably best to wait until Elon Musk has ironed out the current issues with self-driving vehicles.

No ones mentioned the electric scooter, the ones now used by dealers to distribute their wares. No issues with defective lights here as they don't have them and for the majority what is wrong with using their legs.
Don't you remember, their mothers carried them around until they were about 5 years old, their legs can't do anything other than kick a football.

I'm trying to imagine today's traffic volumes (and driver competency) translated into three dimensions, with the added implications of even minor collisions ending in falling from great heights. Probably best to wait until Elon Musk has ironed out the current issues with self-driving vehicles.
That wouldn't be a problem, I'm not in favour of everyone having a flying car, just me. As I said I've been waiting for mine.

Back