has anyone seen.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman777

Reaction score
Hello just wondring if anyone has used a site called www.getwoodworking.com ? ? and if so what do you think about it?
it looks great and has a forum on it there does not seem to be much content on there at the moment but i have not seen it before so i think it is quite new but it seems a very good site hopfully it will get even better when it has been around for a while. it is the website for the mags called
the woodworker and goodwood working

check it out and tell me what you think about this website.

:?:

I don't actually think it is woodmans777 site, though I could be wrong, I would expect Ben Plewes who runs the Get Woodworking site to be more open about advertising it, theres no reason he shouldn't if he does it in the correct way after all. Ben that's not you hiding there is it?

Cheers Mike

It seems a little odd for someones first post to be "Have you seen this other site", unless they were in someway connected to it. Haven't we had this before?

Don't get me wrong, I am not bothered in the slightest, but I do like advertising to be a bit more transparent. :wink:

No you're right it does seem strange, it's just that I'd be surprised if that was Mr Plewes in mufti. I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again no doubt :) I wonder if Magicalia the Site owners hire people to promote their sites ...

Cheers Mike

Slimjim81":3vw014ua said:
It seems a little odd for someones first post to be "Have you seen this other site", unless they were in someway connected to it. Haven't we had this before?
Think we have :D

emm... sorry to disappoint you but i'm not trying to promote anything i don't own any website's let alone a publishing house! i just wanted to know what people thought of this site as i think its refeshing to see a site like this for us woodworkers! thats all i'm in know way trying to promote it and like i said it looks new and there is not that much content on it at the moment just wanted to see what other people thought of it.

i don't want to offend anybody!

thanks

woodman777":2vynhr0e said:
emm... sorry to disappoint you but i'm not trying to promote anything i don't own any website's let alone a publishing house! i just wanted to know what people thought of this site as i think its refeshing to see a site like this for us woodworkers! thats all i'm in know way trying to promote it and like i said it looks new and there is not that much content on it at the moment just wanted to see what other people thought of it.

i don't want to offend anybody!

thanks

In that case, I apologise. But you must admit, it is a suspicious first post.

Anyway, I had a look at the website and it looks like it could have potential. We could do with a UK equivilant to Finewoodworking.com.
There are two things that attract me to a website like that. 1. Lots of content, and 2. quality of content.

I will have a more in depth read when I get a chance.

The GWW / Woodworker site is about three weeks old I think. Im sure content will come, after all they have a lot available. Whether that content will be made available to non subscribers is a different question I guess.

Cheers Mike

Woodman777
Please accept my apologies, as Slimjim said it did look a little suspicious for a first post and the fact is that we have seen similar in the past which were connected to commercial activity.

I had seen this site a short while ago - think there must have been a web link in a mag. Hope it does turn out to be a "good un" and at least some of the content will be available to non subcribers (I do like free :D ).

Cheers :)
Tony

BTW - Welcome to the forum

Hi Woodman welcome to the forum.

GetWoodworking.com has in fact been about for years, and it wasn't bad when it first started, but then a few years ago for some reason it went very quite, and so this is the revamped site, which looks 100 times better then it did.

Mike as far as I know you do not have to be a subscriber, or you never used too.

Cheers

Mike

thanks guys sorry if it looked like i was pluging the site it just looks like a good place to chat to other woodworkers (like here) i have joined up to getwoodworking and this site now its nice to find places were i can chat to like minded people!

from what i can make out getwoodworking is linked to the woodworker mag so i dont know if there just going to put bits from the mag into the site or write just for the site? anyway they have some reviews etc but not much on there at the moment not many posts on there forum yet but if there new then i guess thats to be expected

so what do you guys think of it?
and does anyone know of anyother good sites to join up to?

thanks.

I just finished reading the 'new age' article, I thought it was very good. I don't care too much for the other side of the website, it seems to have the same fine woodworking/diy/trade coverage so I personally would only be interested in the fine stuff, but it seems quite good. It would really need to go some to be as good as finewoodworking though, but then i'm sure that has more resources and a lot more money and contributors.

Welcome Woodman, i joined up a couple of weeks ago
and it just needs a bit time to get going. :wink:

Back