Hand Saw Blade/Tooth Guards - where to buy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xy mosian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been unable to find a supplier of tooth guards for handsaws. I am probably looking for them with the wrong words or something. Can anyone suggest a supplier? Or perhaps something used outside its intended purpose.
xy

Hi the last one I made was out of 3/8" PVC tubing slit with a craft knife (Very carefully) and slid over the teeth of my cross cut saw, but all my other saws have a timber one from way back when I was an apprentice, 3/8" x 1/2" hardwood and use the saw the guard is intended for to cut a grove lengthways.

I use some plastic trim that I found in a scrap yard, I think its some sort of paper binding, they had loads of it 25p a length if I recall.
If you like I could see if they still have any the next time I pass.

Hi all, Thanks for the replies. It looks as if I shall be using some split tubing. Fortunately I can get hold of some without too much difficulty. Chrispy, thanks for the offer. If I lived closer I might well take you up on it. From your description I feel you are describing Steve's slide binders. At last an excuse to browse around Staples while the missus is shopping elsewhere.

Thanks again.
xy

The push on trim used on any cars (around doors etc) works very well and is free or almost free from most scrapyards

I suggest using Poster Hangers. Triangular split plastic 24inches long cost around £5.00 for two. Get them from Amazon (Buy-For-Less-Online).

I made up some a few years ago out of simple L section strips with a small embedded round magnet, they were more to keep little fingers away from sharp teeth, not for use in a tool bag or similar.
toothprotector.jpg

I currently have a few of these A4 spine clips for use on small saws.

Attachments

• toothprotector.jpg
    toothprotector.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 5,778

Latest posts

Back