Hancock's Half Hour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel very sorry for your relative it's a catch 22 situation but unlike you my sympathy is genuine and not a case of they will die anyway which has been your attitude from the start. There for all to read and solicited reactions from a number of people, go on deny it! ;)

Difference is, my relative wouldn't have died anyway, outlook with treatment was excellent. They are not someone sitting in god's waiting room (a care home).

Difference is, my relative wouldn't have died anyway, outlook with treatment was excellent. They are not someone sitting in god's waiting room (a care home).

The outlook with treatment may well be excellent but by no means 100% guaranteed.

I see you are now trying to change your stance a little by inferring that your comments about letting those more vulnerable to the effects of covid die was only meant for those in a care home.

The outlook with treatment may well be excellent but by no means 100% guaranteed.

You are right, but the outlook with no treatment is a slow, painful death guaranteed. The outlook pre-C19 was for a complete recovery, no after effects other than scarring. Now the best outlook we can hope for is "just" severe limitation in the hand.

I see you are now trying to change your stance a little by inferring that your comments about letting those more vulnerable to the effects of covid die was only meant for those in a care home.

No I was just using that as an example that covers the majority of deaths. I'm still evil don't worry.

You are right, but the outlook with no treatment is a slow, painful death guaranteed.

The same as those poor souls in nursing homes should they catch covid, maybe not as long but the same result.
Not nice is it when it's one of your own ....

The same as those poor souls in nursing homes should they catch covid, maybe not as long but the same result.
Not nice is it when it's one of your own ....
Certainly not, I never said it was. Remind me how well lockdown helped them?

So now you are saying you were not?

You change your stance more times than a baby has nappy changes.

No seriously, where did I say it? I have never advocated for restriction of any kind of treatment, what do you think my most recent posts have been about?

Does anyone know what treatment an elderly person gets after they've been told they have covid?

Does anyone know what treatment an elderly person gets after they've been told they have covid?

I can only tell you what the consultant told us which was that basically the only treatment was for something imminently life threatening. E.g if you were having a heart attack, you would get treatment, but if you were due to have a hip operation for example, that is cancelled. For some things that seems reasonable, a hip operation delayed by a month or two isn't a big deal. Chemotherapy, radiotherapy or an operation to remove a tumour being delayed by even a few weeks can have a massive impact on a persons life.

That really is a fatuous question. A lot of your posts seem to be in a similar vein and one could be forgiven that you are doing this to deliberately provoke. AKA trolling.

That really is a fatuous question. A lot of your posts seem to be in a similar vein and one could be forgiven that you are doing this to deliberately provoke. AKA trolling.
Thank you for contributing on this very controversial subject, your help and encouragement is deeply appreciated.

I can only tell you what the consultant told us which was that basically the only treatment was for something imminently life threatening. E.g if you were having a heart attack, you would get treatment, but if you were due to have a hip operation for example, that is cancelled. For some things that seems reasonable, a hip operation delayed by a month or two isn't a big deal. Chemotherapy, radiotherapy or an operation to remove a tumour being delayed by even a few weeks can have a massive impact on a persons life.
Yes I can understand that, but what treatment do they get for covid?

I'm not sure what you're asking. There is no effective treatment, yet, for corvid-19, they treat the problems it causes once they develop and how serious those issues are depends on a number of factors. There's plenty of information out there which will tell you what you want to know if you look for it.

If you are infected but few symptoms don't worry about it unless it gets serious just stay away from other people. One of the serious effects which aren't easily seen is low oxygen count in your blood, that's what killed a friend of ours in a short space of time. You can check that if you spend a few quid on an oximeter.

Cup of tea and a buscuit as that's all they can do for it in a care home unless they can persuade to local hospital to take them. If in the hospital they they are just monitored, given extra ox and they deal with complications as they happen. Mind you this is only recently as Bobajob's policy was to ignore them in the hope that they magically go away or die

Ah sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. I don't know if they get any treatment, there isn't really a lot that can be done and it all depends on the symptoms. My point was that if you test positive, but have no symptoms (or very mild symptoms like a slight cough), you will be denied pretty much any treatment for anything else you are suffering from.

Oh and don't pay too much attention to Roger. He just likes to snipe at people who don't agree with his view that the universe revolves around him ;)

Last edited:

At the risk of making lots of people very angry (again, sigh), there might be some movement on the hydroxychloroquinine bunfight: Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

The study was published today in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, the peer-reviewed, open-access online publication of the International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID.org).

Patients treated with hydroxychloroquine at Henry Ford met specific protocol criteria as outlined by the hospital system’s Division of Infectious Diseases. The vast majority received the drug soon after admission; 82% within 24 hours and 91% within 48 hours of admission. All patients in the study were 18 or over with a median age of 64 years; 51% were men and 56% African American.

And more here:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...ses_course_on_hydroxychloroquine__143978.html
I don't know if it helps or not, but I do know that most of the well-publicised studies that showed it didn't work gave the drug or drugs to people who were about to die anyway, as opposed to immediately on admission, which it's how the Chinese and other doctors were advocating it to be used. Whether this was done in error, or intentionally to get a desired negative result is not for me to judge. If it is provably the latter, I imagine a few legal issues will ensue. Everything has been politicised, so nothing is what it appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back