Hancock's Half Hour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct so deduct maybe 15-20% depending on the circumstances. But then add a multiple of 3-5 if you allow it to run out of control like Lombardy.

Don't forget to carry the 2 and divide by Pi when you do your made up numbers.

Although without preventative measures, everyone would soon enough catch it.
No way to know that for sure, not every nurse even in a covid ward catches it and believe it or not many are nursing covid patients with minimal and sometimes no PPE

Although without preventative measures, everyone would soon enough catch it.

Well herd immunity should kick in at some point, around 85% although being out of control would mean it would be likely to overshoot.

Following a conversation I recently had (yesterday) with a chap at a EV charge point, I did some investigation into a comment that he made about people getting cancer treatment and covid19. for those tht are interested, I found this article in the Lancet

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31173-9/fulltext
The first three lines of the first paragraph contain the words " postulated " and "conjecture " so I didn't feel it was worth continuing.

You should as it goes on to explain that because of that situation, they carried out the study to basically get some real info

What that article doesn't seem to cover is that even after the massive delay in cancer treatment for no good reason, if you are now lucky enough to get treatment back on track, if you test positive for C19 (despite showing no symptoms) you will not get your cancer treatment until you show negative, however long that takes.

What that article doesn't seem to cover is that even after the massive delay in cancer treatment for no good reason, if you are now lucky enough to get treatment back on track, if you test positive for C19 (despite showing no symptoms) you will not get your cancer treatment until you show negative, however long that takes.
A very silly pointless statement for you to make for the simple reason that anyone undergoing surgery or the usual chemotherapy / radiotherapy cancer treatment is at real risk of serious consequences of Corvid 19 infection during that time as the treatment lowers the immune system.

Hi Lons, that was my understanding as well. But the comment the chap I spoke to that made me do some digging was that, while the immune system is compromised during chemo it appeared that the fact that the patient is so full of steroids that those who were tested and found to be positive during treatment that they were in general found to be totally asymptomatic or to have had only a very mild infection while undergoing treatment. Now this was contrary to my understanding of it all and is what lead me to go digging

A very silly pointless statement for you to make for the simple reason that anyone undergoing surgery or the usual chemotherapy / radiotherapy cancer treatment is at real risk of serious consequences of Corvid 19 infection during that time as the treatment lowers the immune system.
Please !

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL !!!

So it seems that the veracity of infection is more dependent on the type of comorbidity you may have

Please !

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL !!!
Depends what you feed them with Roger. Liken it to our mutt who if you gave her a huge bag of grapes would scoff the lot, sick it up and eat it again, that fact that it would probably be fatal makes not one jot of difference.

So it seems that the veracity of infection is more dependent on the type of comorbidity you may have
I think any sensible person who has cancer wouldn't take what seems to be a very real extra risk of increasing their chances of dying by having treatment whilst infected especially when the experts don't have answers and advice is based on limited research and differing opinion.

I certainly wouldn't, others might.

So if you are positive for C19, but have no symptoms at all, indeed you may have had the infection a long time but it is still showing up in your system for who knows how long (we don't know how long it hangs around), you should be denied treatment that could/will save your life?

Catch C19, die of cancer instead, that makes total sense. In the case of my family member if they don't get their treatment soon at best they will lose their arm, at worst their life as it is already showing signs it might be spreading to the lymphatic system. Noteworthy is that this treatment should have been carried out more than 16 weeks ago when it would have been a minor op, it has now been a much more serious op (lost significant use of the hand now) and needs radiotherapy. If they now test positive for C19, they will get no treatment at all which is basically a death sentence, even if the C19 is causing no symptoms.

I'm not suggesting otherwise Lons, I've been on an RCHOP regime since Feb, In fact my radiotherapy only finish 3 weeks ago and I am still following the advice given to shield until end of Sept to allow my immune system to rebuild. But I am now permitted to go out other than to the hospital and posted this to show that more info is becoming available the shows how much we don't know about this virus. Also that although I find Rorschach's attitude towards others when up against his profit margin or infringing in his right to not give a toss as to whether he could possibly infect others by being selfish abhorent, I do understand how he has come to his opinion.

It may just be that hospitals try to separate CV19 patients from the rest of the hospital to minimise the risk of infecting other patients and staff.

Particularly as cancer patients undergoing treatment have very compromised immune systems, the consequences of transmission are sufficiently serious as to make risk reduction critical.

So if you are positive for C19, but have no symptoms at all, indeed you may have had the infection a long time but it is still showing up in your system for who knows how long (we don't know how long it hangs around), you should be denied treatment that could/will save your life?

Catch C19, die of cancer instead, that makes total sense. In the case of my family member if they don't get their treatment soon at best they will lose their arm, at worst their life as it is already showing signs it might be spreading to the lymphatic system. Noteworthy is that this treatment should have been carried out more than 16 weeks ago when it would have been a minor op, it has now been a much more serious op (lost significant use of the hand now) and needs radiotherapy. If they now test positive for C19, they will get no treatment at all which is basically a death sentence, even if the C19 is causing no symptoms.
I feel very sorry for your relative it's a catch 22 situation but unlike you my sympathy is genuine and not a case of they will die anyway which has been your attitude from the start. There for all to read and solicited reactions from a number of people, go on deny it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back