Half inch mitre gauge track, any gauges available?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wood Butcher

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got an older Startrite 352 from the mid ninties, and I'd like to find a mitre gauge for it but I'm having problems with the fact that it has a half inch track rather than the more common three quarter inch.

Anybody got any hints where I might find such a thing or am I best looking for a second hand one for the Wanted forum?

The guage on my old 352 is actually branded as Picador. It's adequate in that it is a good fit in the small slot but the adjustable bits don't scream high quality! I regularly keep an eye on what's around on the second hand market but haven't found anything suitable yet. Of course it's not only the width of the bar that is samller than 'standard', but its depth is also smaller.

What the modern Startrites use i dont know, but you may find it easiest to get a standard guage from somewhere like Axminster and then get a local engineering workshop to machine the bar down to the correct size. If you want I can measure/photograph the guage I've got.

Misterfish

FWIW, I use a mitre fence off a Kity bandsaw on my 352. Had to make a fresh bar for it, but it's only a piece of mild steel which is easy to file to an exact fit. If you don't have a suitable tap for the screw holes, it's probably worth looking out for a local model engineering club, where there would almost certainly be someone who would drill and tap for you.

Latest posts

Back