Guage size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what guage is 40 thou, someone has given me a nail gun with brads that are 40 thou diameter and need to get some brads,but I don't have a clue what guage to order.

TIA

Martin

As near as makes no real difference 40 thou(sandths of an inch) is the same as 1mm.

For the pedants out there 39.37 thou = 1mm

HTH

Bob

ok I'll read the question this time!!

20 swg is the nearest at 0.914mm

18 swg will be too big at 1.22mm

If and when I buy a nail-gun, what will I do with all my hammers?
And will I need more than one size gun?

Surely by now, someone has invented a gun that will take different sized, heads?

How long will it be, before some well-meaning civil servant decides we need a licence for them? (hammer)

John

Hi Martin,
just caught this thread, i have a rapesco 191E Pro :shock: nailer stapler. (first purchase of a mechanical nailer)..
trouble with it has no adjustment on depth of nails penatrating the wood, so i dont use it to finish nail, however it makes a great little tacker while your glue joint sets...
as for nails (read brads, for thats what they really are,) i used to buy rapesco, expensive for the amount you get but since found Axminster 18 gauge brads do just as well, and at £3.50--£5.50 for 5k they are cheap as chips.(but i may just have been lucky on rubbish tolerances :lol: ) having tried 3 different sizes 15, 25, and 35mm.

May want to check out your local B&Q for genuine Rapesco brads, mine stock them so theres always a chance yours do..

hope this helps

Back