grommets swing bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grommet

Reaction score
Hi all again,
here's a picture of my first project. Have nearly finished fitting out the kennel (workshop). Will post pictures soon.
Apologies for posting the first picture in the wrong place. general chat (off topic).
bench035.jpg

first project? *cough* *splutter*

=D>

Well Done!

I've got a couple of pics of similar projects in the ideas scrapbook but I'm throwing them out to be replaced by yours - it's much better. :)

Dave

Hmm, that just reminds me, I have one of those all cut out and ready to assemble for SWIMBO, must get on with it. Very nice piece of work Grommet, sure it's our first? :) Well done mate. :wink:

Impressed if it is your first - or do you just mean first posted on this forum?! 8)

Did you work from a plan or is it your own design? Would quite like to make one for my Mum and Dad's 60th birthdays coming up in a year or so...any tips / WIP pics or plans would be great...!!

Cheers

Gary

ByronBlack":1q3l6cdd said:
Thats fantastic! If thats indicative of your other projects, i'm expecting some quality pieces! Nicely done.

Byron, hope you don't mind, I've brought your comment across from a double posting in off-topic.

Adam

Hi all,
thanks for the kind words.
The basic design was from a bench my friend brought about five years ago from a local garden centre.
When I saw the bench, I said to my friend if i had the tools i'd love to try and make one. ( I dropped woodwork at school :roll: )
I lost my father inlaw last year, and wanted to make something using his tools for my wife.
My friends bench was made from softwood, but i decided to make this one out of oak. (certainly character building)
Well i'm now hooked, and have nearly finished fitting out my kennel (workshop).
i've since built two work benches and three tool cabinets for the hand tools, and invested in some (loads of) power tools as well.
thanks for a great site,
grommet

Grommet":mj15m1im said:
Hi all,
thanks for the kind words.
The basic design was from a bench my friend brought about five years ago from a local garden centre.
When I saw the bench, I said to my friend if i had the tools i'd love to try and make one. ( I dropped woodwork at school :roll: )
I lost my father inlaw last year, and wanted to make something using his tools for my wife.
My friends bench was made from softwood, but i decided to make this one out of oak. (certainly character building)
Well i'm now hooked, and have nearly finished fitting out my kennel (workshop).
i've since built two work benches and three tool cabinets for the hand tools, and invested in some (loads of) power tools as well.
thanks for a great site,
grommet

....the 'Slope' beckons....sounds like you're already on it :wink: tho'...just don't expect to reach the bottom :D - Rob

Back