Great Dorset Steam Fair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnoldmason8

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody I am off to the Great Dorset Steam Fair on Thursday - will spend about half the time looking at the Auto jumble. Dont suppose there will be anything very cheap but great fun looking all the same. There are usually a few stalls wilth top class tools but at top prices as well. I will report back with any good finds.

Cheers ---------Arnold

arnoldmason8":3dxvq49z said:
Hi Everybody I am off to the Great Dorset Steam Fair on Thursday - will spend about half the time looking at the Auto jumble. Dont suppose there will be anything very cheap but great fun looking all the same. There are usually a few stalls wilth top class tools but at top prices as well. I will report back with any good finds.

Cheers ---------Arnold

Yeah - vendors tend to know what they have. Places like that are a top source of RARE stuff, not cheap stuff.

BugBear

Hi all. I'be been today. Weather awful and very muddy so be warned. Not so many dealers but some lovely kit for sale. Enjoy!!

Hi All-----Yes I've got my walking boots all packed. I have been many times before as I used to live not far from there. I decided not to go today because of the poor weather forcast but it's looking better for tomorrow.

Cheers----Arnold

Hi All--- Had a great day at GDSF. The mud made it hard work to walk about but I really enjoyed it as usual. Spent several hours walking round the stalls and found a few tools to buy :-
A scottish pattern brace- a bit of surface rust but it will clean up with a bit of elbow grease
018.jpg

A hand saw 20ins long with 12 points/in-a nice handle made by W Tyzack & sons & Turner - a very nice etch on the side -a bit of light rust but it will clean up OK

015.jpg

I could not resist this moulding plane because it is made by ARNOLD !!
020.jpg

021.jpg

A chisel - It measures 0.08 ins blade width - in 40 years of looking at used tools I can't remember seeing a chisel this small.
023.jpg

An enjoyable but tiring day

Cheers ------Arnold

Latest posts

Back