Goodbye all!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. Jenny Agutter. Can't help emitting a deep and quiet growl whenever she graces the screen.

phil.p":2twft0qs said:
I was taught before I first voted that if I didn't vote I should keep out of political discussions. Seems a fair one to me. I've only missed one in 43yrs - a local election where I'd moved house and they took me off one register and not put me on the next.
Same here more or less. Even a vote for a UKIP comedian is better then no vote at all.

phil.p":tkbnzro8 said:
Why do you hate her that much?

Oh yeah.....

images

lanemaux":1u5fh1qi said:
Grayorm , mi amigo. perhaps a shift in perception will help. When I have trouble deciding what to votefor I look for what to vote against. And that makes voting easier, more fun and effective as well. (Not my original idea , but from Hienlien's "Time Enough for Love" , subsection notebook of Lazarus Long). For some really fun political theories see same authors "Moon is a Harsh Mistress" where the old seditionist really vents. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Lanemaux, I can't see the logic in that either unless it's a new road through your front room or a trigger happy lunatic you don't want in power. Even then you don't know what the guy who gets in will do....because they never do what they promise!!! Usually because they've promised to do what they can't to get you to vote for them.

And what if you don't like the look of any of them, who do you vote against then?

Seems to me that this thread is getting dangerously close to a political discussion.

So I will just pitch in, that it doesn't matter who you vote for, or who gets elected, they are not the people who make decisions they are just the well paid front men.

artie":3i7lro0d said:
Seems to me that this thread is getting dangerously close to a political discussion.

So I will just pitch in, that it doesn't matter who you vote for, or who gets elected, they are not the people who make decisions they are just the well paid front men.

It's not a political discussion, it's a discussion about a political discussion. (A politicians answer if ever there was one).

Sorry Lanemaux, I can't see the logic in that either unless it's a new road through your front room or a trigger happy lunatic you don't want in power. Even then you don't know what the guy who gets in will do....because they never do what they promise!!! Usually because they've promised to do what they can't to get you to vote for them.

And what if you don't like the look of any of them, who do you vote against then?
As to the first bit , yes , precisely. Hip check the looney politico or whatever objectionable drek he is promising into the snow bank of history. Politicos often won't follow through on positive promises, let's not assume the negative ones won't happen though. The excercizing of the franchise is of importance only if it is used. As to the second or "they are all spawn of ..." , some must be more nearly related to ... than others and with some research a few hints of the relationship may come to light. Then vote accordingly , whether it stings or not.

Chip shop":3ilu3tzg said:

Give that man a CCCCCCCCCigar, correct =D>

Who's up to trying another one ??

"What the f*** is that ? Barbeques and ball games ?"

I put it to you dear member, from which movie does that line come ?
Don't phone it's just for fun

blackrodd":1b35s7kt said:
Any more about Jenny Argutter please?
Rodders

Especially for you BR

" I'm sure you could find a hundred things wrong with me, Mr. ****** A thousand. But you wouldn't throw me out of your bed on a wet Saturday night I'm sure. That's men for you! Anything is better than nothing. "

Sir, name that film.
Go on I dare ya !!

n0legs":1xh2lvho said:
blackrodd":1xh2lvho said:
Any more about Jenny Argutter please?
Rodders

Especially for you BR

" I'm sure you could find a hundred things wrong with me, Mr. ****** A thousand. But you wouldn't throw me out of your bed on a wet Saturday night I'm sure. That's men for you! Anything is better than nothing. "

Sir, name that film.
Go on I dare ya !!

Mr Devlin (sp?). The Eagle Has Landed.

stanley2":2f0onf8s said:
hi new here, "what on earth is all this rubbish about!"

Hi Stan , good of you to join in =D>

Can't place your quote though, got another clue ?

Random Orbital Bob":3gjt9kmc said:
And in fact....now I'm thinking about it I would go further and say precisely what it is about politics and religion discussion that I personally don't like.

It's always a sales pitch! Precisely because the writer is always having to sell a belief system, the mode of discussion is always preaching. It is essentially a rhetorical mode of discourse. I find that language tiresome, often rather insulting to my intelligence or patronising and I come here (and go in the shed) largely to get away from that. Its on the radio, the tele and in the papers everywhere you turn. I only have to move 3 feet in any direction to get a gut full of it....so I guess I resent it "polluting" this place that in my mind is a sort of nirvana of craft and skilled endeavour. It sort of has no place here I guess is what I'm saying. Of course it's relevant in day to day life, just not here.

I can fully support the comment above - when I think about it this is why I instinctively used to turn off the Party Political broadcasts - when we had TV.

Brian

Latest posts

Back