Good workbench deal at £100?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hsmith192

Established Member
Reaction score
1859A49B-F81B-496B-B8B5-66F9CB77B965.png

It's ok if you didn't want to make one. Would cost you that much in beech + vise?;

Think it weighs about 100kg and it’s all beech. Hard to find that much material for the price to be fair..

Looks good, (joke) I hope it’s not matchbox size!
I do hope I’m wrong but not sure the underframe looks quite strong enough to prevent wracking, but at that price you can afford to build a more substantial one if not. So, great purchase- have fun.
Ian

I think it's a decent deal.

You can work out how big it is by counting the blocks in the wall.

2200 x 967, go to Axminster and see if they make that size.

Last edited:
I'd say it's a bargain, can I see the end of a tail vice at the right hand side?

It does look a bit top heavy, I would suggest with the money you have saved you should buy lots of tools and store them in the cupboard below to add a bit of ballast :)

Hey everyone, thanks I’m having it delivered on the weekend. It kind of looks like this one from Axminster, needs a sanding I think! But after speaking to customer service they said it’s like this one:
A2CF2B4A-E549-47CF-9728-092668EAEAEF.png

It looks similar to Axminster's current version at £699.

I think it’s a lot heavier than that one and longer at 1.9m. It’s good though just need to sand it down and reapply a finish to it.

Attachments

• 7AFEB71A-27F5-4E6E-AF3A-003F0F71C96C.jpeg
    7AFEB71A-27F5-4E6E-AF3A-003F0F71C96C.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 0
Think you've got a bargain there.
Spend time getting the top flat and level first would be my tip.

I’ve called Axminster and it was worth £550 back in 2008. So looking forward to it arriving on the weekend. I’ll take a picture of it and show you guys yeah I will defo start get the top level and sanded, it sounds silly but I’m really excited as I’ve been waiting years for one! 😃😃😃

Latest posts

Back