Good source of vintage plane irons in UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiley Horne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Frequently we hear of problems with commercial transactions. On the other hand, I have recently had great service from ebay sellers in the UK. So I thought I'd pass the info. along.

Just today, a full set of 8 I. Sorby plough irons arrived. England to Calif. in 6 days from payment. The irons are long and in great shape. This particular seller maintains an ebay store, where he sells vintage irons:

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Old-Plane-Iron-Shop

I recommend this man, whoever he is.

Incidentally, this is the second full set of I. Sorby plough irons I have received from England within a month, and the previous seller was outstanding too, though he doesn't maintain a store. Both sets of irons are beautifully relieved in their depth and tapered both in depth and (slightly) in width.

I suppose I do not need to tell anyone here vintage British tools take back seat to no one. Not only these plough irons, but the planes they were used in are just spectacular. And there are still numerous examples available that are in good nick, and at quite reasonable expense (IMO).

Wiley

Wiley Horne":33co4fu6 said:
I suppose I do not need to tell anyone here vintage British tools take back seat to no one. Not only these plough irons, but the planes they were used in are just spectacular. And there are still numerous examples available that are in good nick, and at quite reasonable expense (IMO).

Wiley

They're even cheaper if you buy them at car boot sales, yard sales etc and bypass the need-an-honest-margin dealers :)

BugBear

Latest posts

Back