Golden wedding anniversary gift ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For special dates/ anniversaries I usually incorporate an old penny, tails/date side showing for the special year.

That's pretty neat idea! They are not living in UK, so the old penny would not have much to do with them, however the coin idea is brilliant. They are even selling gold plated ones just for the occasion. I'll see if it passes wife test :D

Yeah, I thought about it. It would seem more worthy present. They are not about jewlery (which I associate with these boxes)

I'm probably not speaking for everyone, but in my experience everyone has little mementos that people pick up as they live their lives that have no value to anyone else, rather than jewellery. Things like shells from beaches, postcards letters, ticket stubs etc. If this couple have been together for that long then I'm presuming they'll have quite a few knocking around that'll need a home. I have a keepsake box that was made for me in 2012 and it's overflowing. The OH made his 11 year old niece a box for Christmas and she's filled it already.My point is, if you give someone a box they'll fill it with something.

What about a chest if not? Something big that they can both fill with blankets, bags, boots or mementos? Something that they could both share?

I'm probably not speaking for everyone, but in my experience everyone has little mementos that people pick up as they live their lives that have no value to anyone else, rather than jewellery. Things like shells from beaches, postcards letters, ticket stubs etc. If this couple have been together for that long then I'm presuming they'll have quite a few knocking around that'll need a home. I have a keepsake box that was made for me in 2012 and it's overflowing. The OH made his 11 year old niece a box for Christmas and she's filled it already.My point is, if you give someone a box they'll fill it with something.

What about a chest if not? Something big that they can both fill with blankets, bags, boots or mementos? Something that they could both share?

I appreciate this new view for me. You are not wrong. They might not put jewellery in, but small trinkets, and as long as something is in, it would serve the purpose. Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to be making a "Memory Box" for my daughter and her boyfriend and was thinking of carving something like memorable dates in somewhere with my dremel. First time they met, first day out etc. Also, I saw some wood decals in the range in the craft section that might be useful to glue on. They had all sorts of shapes, letters and themes.

Great idea on the money. I could inlay a coin with the year they met.

Rob

Back