Gizmo for handling sheets of plasterboard etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing this some time ago that ade it easier to carry single-handed sheets of plasterboard etc. but for the life of me I can't track it down.

Can anyone help, please?

BUCKET.JPG

this works if you break the sheet up into small enough pieces. :lol:

And you can carry a second sheet if you get another one.

Owing to general decrepitude we have two of the Panel Toter panel carriers from Screwfix with which myself and the old man can manhandle 18mm sheet down the obstacle course he's made of the path to the workshop. Had 'em for years, work fine and really saves on that painful arm stretching. Worth sticking a bit of abrasive in the channel to prevent slipping though.

Whats wrong with your arms Roger, right hand under the middle left hand to steady the top. And you never leave them at home on the day you need them on site :wink: And less likely to slip when you have to tilt the board to go up stairs.

Also the board is a good 18" further from the floor so less likely to smash the corners.

Jason

jasonB":1j4c4nid said:
Whats wrong with your arms Roger, right hand under the middle left hand to steady the top. And you never leave them at home on the day you need them on site :wink: And less likely to slip when you have to tilt the board to go up stairs.

Also the board is a good 18" further from the floor so less likely to smash the corners.

Jason

What? With these arms?

istockphoto_8394552-old-man-with-walking-frame-cartoon.jpg

A method I've used (seen somewhere on the web) is to make a loop from some rope and hook it around the corners of the sheet and then use this as a carry handle - works pretty well.
Cheers
Gidon
[EDIT - here's the method- although I don't botther with the hose and use thicker rope I have in the car for tying wood to the roof rack.]

gidon":llx6fdrl said:
A method I've used (seen somewhere on the web) is to make a loop from some rope and hook it around the corners of the sheet and then use this as a carry handle - works pretty well.
Cheers
Gidon
[EDIT - here's the method- although I don't botther with the hose and use thicker rope I have in the car for tying wood to the roof rack.]

I've got some rope so am liking the price of that method 8)

Don't think the rope method will be much good with plasterboard as its likely to damage the edge, particularly taper edged boards whenr you don't want end dents when taping the joints.

Also I think it will take more effert as your arm is bent, with the way I suggested your arm is fully extended, and if you are vertically challenged you wont get it under your arm.

Jason

Back