Geography

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I going insane? Have ANC actually brought a delivery into Cornwall and then taken it out again up to Staffordshire in order to deliver it?! (While at the same time apparently managing to lose track of one?)

128fs4930953.png

](*,)

Cheers, Alf

Often yes. Sounds mad doesn't it? But they often take all deliveries which are not going to be delivered from the same distribution depo to the same central hub. That way, they only need one artic to carry items to each depo. Otherwise they would need a fleet of small lorries criss-crossing the country.
Adam

They've got a teleporter - see it took just 1 minute to get from Exeter to Cornwall. Either that or they have upgraded the A30!

I'm a Penzance man in exile - so I know about that road!

Alf,
If you think that is bad you should order an HP printer and watch the tracking system as it is sent half way around Europe. IIRC mine went from Ireland then somewhere in the Midlands onto Germany, Holland and then back to the UK all within 24 hours.

Andy

Isn't it a bit worrying that they seem to have lost half of the shipment to the Cornish border police? :lol:

Good news! They've re-discovered Cornwall and one package seems to have escaped having to visit Plymouth altogether. Huzzah! Maybe it stayed in Cornwall the whole time...?

128fs4970034.png

Centralisation I can sort of understand. This tracking system though? Oi vey. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

ANC ........Yuk !!

If anyone tells me they're sending via anc I normally book a weeks holiday!

I stood outside my workshop once and spoke to the driver on the mobile, while he told me I wasn't in !....eventually I persuaded him it was Chapel Lane, like it said on the tin - not Chapel Street where he was, delivering yet another 'you were out' card. Seconds later he drove round the corner, I waved + gave him a hard time and I got my delivery.

A fortnight later he did the same thing!

Hope tomorrows comes Parcelforce....good as gold.

Chris.

Once checked on the progress of a parcel I was expecting (ANC).
This was at 06:00 and the tracker said it had been delivered at 08:30 that morning i.e. the future, so I was ready for battle soon as I got to work.
Arrived at work 08:35, damned if the guy wasn't sitting outside my door with said package. B*****d

Dom

DomValente":14elm2ur said:
Once checked on the progress of a parcel I was expecting (ANC).
This was at 06:00 and the tracker said it had been delivered at 08:30 that morning i.e. the future, so I was ready for battle soon as I got to work.
Arrived at work 08:35, damned if the guy wasn't sitting outside my door with said package. B*****d
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don'tcha just hate it when that happens? Yesterday the old man was composing a letter of complaint to a Big Cheese because someone who was supposed to call him hadn't - for three months. Wadda you know? He was just checking for typos when the 'phone goes and guess who. He says it was a really good letter too - I advised him to keep it 'cos it's bound to come in handy some other time. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Both parcels did turn up btw, in case anyone was desperate for the conclusion of this saga.

Alf - not sure ANC are too hot on geography all together. ANC Plymouth is in Cornwall anyway (Launceston) - not sure where ANC Cornwall is - perhaps it's in Taunton?!
Cheers
Gidon

Phil, no, just odds and sods from APTC. NO Besseys 'cos none ordered. :wink:

Gidon, well there we have it; the whole thing's a fantasy. Why do they bother at all?

Cheers, Alf

Back