GCSE Coursework: Bedside table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a really good piece, some of the rubbish made by people for their projects these days at school is really sad. Well done!

Aidan

=D> great job!

I went on to do A level product design, so i know what you mean about the course work :x

After two years of being out in the real world, i'm finally off to Leeds art and design to furniture making degree. :D

John-Henry

Excellent work woody, very impressed. Let us know what grade you get in the summer :p

From what I've seen of the work from the Chichester college furniture making course you'll learn all sorts of skills I don't have. I hope you enjoy it and continue to develop your own style.

Andy

Lord Nibbo":kpooby3g said:
I would have been proud of myself if I had made that when I was your age. =D> =D> =D>

You do have a bright future in wood working, keep it up :lol:

I agree - I'd be happy to make something like that now , let alone 20 years ago.

Thanks again for all of your positive comments, and i will post up what grade i get when i find out in august. :D

Woody.

A competent piece of work, of which you can be proud. It will certainly last.

I also like the way you express yourself. Full marks for that too.

Regards
John :)

Well Rob, I wouldn't dismiss a bit of levity and 'p' taking of course, but I do groan when I see ths Mobl spk we r xposd to thse dze!

With all due respects to Woody and his generation, it's OK on a mobile phone or in a chat program, I suppose, but I prefer to understand at first reading.

And by the way, should anyone mention it, I know text is decipherable, as long as the first and last letters are in place, regardless of how the rest of the word is jumbled!

cu l8r!Lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:

John :wink:

woodbloke":2nabwp6d said:
Benchwayze":2nabwp6d said:

Regards
Agreed John, always important on the forum IMO - Rob

Although he could find the shift key for capital "I". ;)

Great work on the cabinet, had you done much before this?

Perhaps we could start a thread of our first projects. My parents still have a rather shameful clock and magazine rack I made when I was 12. One of the boys in that class decided to try and stop a belt sander with his fingers (he had latched it on). It was quite messy.

Well i have only been doing woodworking for about a year now and have slowly been putting together a workshop in our garage (even though this particular project was done at school). But this is the biggest project i have done so far, as before this i had made smaller things like boxes and some small turnings on my lathe. :D . But my competition entry which i am working on now and plan to start posting soon, has come to be just as much of a challenge and experience of what my bedside table was and am looking forward to see how it comes out.

Woody. :)

just had a look in here, that is wonderful work for a gcse, beats my box, but i never finnished it (got in trouble, dont ask)

i also see your thinking of going to Chichester college ? they have a good workshop, never went there just had a look around one evening

dear i ask what school you went to? i see your in sussex, if the world is as small as it might well be not kings manor was it? lol if it wa sill eat my hat

PaulO":1j93v764 said:
woodbloke":1j93v764 said:
Benchwayze":1j93v764 said:

Regards
Agreed John, always important on the forum IMO - Rob

Although he could find the shift key for capital "I". ;)
Maybe the lower case for the first-person singular is a sign of Woody's humility! :lol:

That's my problem reading on screen.
A) I need some decent specs for the PC!
b) These flat LCD screens distort and fade out certain letters. Well mine does at least!
:)

Gandy - I'm actually from East Sussex rather than West. So i have got about a 3 hour train journey to get to Chichester, and i went to a small community secondary school, with only about 600 pupils, not kings manor you never know though :lol:

I would have been pleased to make anything like that at school (where I never made anything at all from wood).
Very well done, Woody. You have a talent, there.
Perhaps it is something to do with East Sussex!!

SF

Back