Gallery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, last place i would have looked!
:oops:

I will advise my mates to surf elsewhere for good pics of extremely good work!

Pity it is lost.
:oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

Jaco":s8aai0mx said:
to surf elsewhere for good pics of extremely good work!

Don't forget the 'Projects, workshop tours and past mistakes' forum section, it's full of member's projects and WIP photos.

I don't think I'll be putting the gallery back on the site but I'm currently looking at linking to a third-party gallery website (Flickr)...

Charley":2ga90oto said:
Don't forget the 'Projects, workshop tours and past mistakes' forum section, it's full of member's projects and WIP photos.

I don't think I'll be putting the gallery back on the site but I'm currently looking at linking to a third-party gallery website (Flickr)...

Last week I finished reading every post in the 'Projects, workshop tours and past mistakes' section. Some interesting reading and a lot of pictures of good and interesting work.
Unfortunately, there are also many pictures no longer available, because they are either hosted on a site which no longer exists, or else the poster has removed them. :(

I'm not sure whether anything can be done to mimimise that. Obviously self hosting is one answer but it raises other issues, not least the bandwidth involved in serving lots of large images.

Would it be possible to have a UKWorkshop area somewhere (perhaps Flickr)? It would at least stop picture links getting broken due to users changing their ISPs etc. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of - anyway, it's just a thought......

Thanks for all your efforts to make the site even better :)

Dave

Dave S":379rgbnh said:
Would it be possible to have a UKWorkshop area somewhere (perhaps Flickr)? It would at least stop picture links getting broken due to users changing their ISPs etc. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of - anyway, it's just a thought......

Sounds like quite a good idea Dave

Latest posts

Back