frosted glass question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judder

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice -

I have installed 3 double glazed units into a mahogany vestibule frame.
The units are frosted on one side only and is on the inside of the glass.

Which side would you put the frosted side to ? - inside or outside, and why ?.

Thanks,

Stephen

when i fit windows the frosted glass goes to the out side as it looks better, the outside face of the glass will be smooth, if it was single glazed the pattern would be inside so the dirt in the rain wouldnt stick to the glass. It might be a bit late now but you can ask for both panes of glass to be obscure and where i buy my windows from its the same price, hth

Thanks for your quick reply Kenny. Before I post up which way round I fitted them, I'd like to hear more opinions.

Thanks,

Stephen

Might be worth contacting the glazing supplier.

The other factor is if the glazing has any coated glass (Pilkington "K" glass is one example).....that has to be in a specific place. I should know where, but don't!! This will be far more important than the location of the frosted layer.

Mike

If it is K glass then that`s easy, there`s a sticker on it telling you which way round to put the unit.
If not i`d put the clear glass to the inside, so i have a clear view of the front of frosted pattern from the inside. How often do you go outside to view the pattern of your frosted glass.

hi, when i fitted windows for a living, both new build and replacement, the clear glass always went to the outside

hth Chris

ok, I have fitted the frosted glass side to the outside of the frame as the best face of the oak door is on the outside with the heavy decorative mouldings, so I thought I'd keep the best side of the glass to the same side. Any thoughts ?

Cheers,

Stephen

Back