Freud FDW710K Doweling Jointer or a domino

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Wallybois Woodworking on YouTube
Reaction score
hi all

I am interested in purchasing a Freud FDW710K Doweling Jointer but I don't know where from. Ive seen then in the state but the voltage is 110 so not happy to buy there.

I like the domino buit it is expensive for me.

Does anyone have any experience of one?

Any advise greatly appreciated

cheers

no body knows then?

Ill keep looking but really can't afford the maffell things and biscuits are not good enough for my project

:?

I suspect that nobody has the Freud if it is not commonly available here (if at all). Reviews of the domino are common enough but it is out of budget. Would a secondhand one be any use?

I am sorry but not sure what else to suggest.

I would be interested in a second hand unit if theres one going. I do like the domino concept the only think is that I live in france so it would need to be shipped over or I may be able to collect on a family trip. I like the idea of working on the bench like a biscuit joiner without the need to clamp jigs ect which seem a bit of a pain,

Cheers

Size of dominos, both minimum and maximum. IIRC the 500 is more suited to cabinet making and the 700 for much larger stuff.

ahh i see I think I may need the 700 for putting doors together but is ok for using to joint rebated door frames?

Does the 700 create deep mortices say 70mm + ?
I think I may be warming to the domino idea.

I think the longest domino is 140mm long, so that would suggest 70mm depth of cut for the 700. I think the 700 is for timber 20mm thick and upwards.

There are quite a few domino videos on youtube - have a look at the festool usa channel for people making doors with the 700.

HTH

Back