Fretworker website

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scrimper":vu81j5zo said:
I am a bit behind with it at the moment as we have just taken on a one year old rescue GSD and he is hard work and I am having to mend gates and fences etc to stop the creature getting out.

Sorry, I know this is not what I should be saying, but....

Sod the website, show us your new dog :lol: :D

Phill

+1 for the above
History goes down well in US - once its up and running needs to get exposure on US forums

Brian

+ another 1 for the above John. (I'm glad that someone above mentioned that it's a dog, otherwise, in my ignorance I'd have had to have asked "What's a GSD?") :oops:

After your sad loss a while back I bet he (she?)'s a cracker.

AES

Claymore":2ko4w0qc said:
Here Here John! Lets see the new recruit ...... bet he`s already found his place near the fire.....our Hamish is laid in front of the fire with all four legs stuck up in the air warming himself and snoring what a life lol

Brian

Ha ha! Here is a pic of Spot. Gone now but not forgotten.

spot.jpg

Do you think he was spoilt?

John -

A:- I'm so glad that you have adopted another dog after your sad loss last year. Only dog lovers understand...

B:- Sorry for hijacking your thread :(

Phill

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 491
Ok you asked so here is a picture of the creature! The damn thing won't stay still long enough to get a decent snap!
I didn't have any say in the matter, The rescue centre phoned up to say they had a 1 yr old Black GSD, the wife asked for a photo and the next day she announced that they could bring it up on the Sunday and that they would take it back if we didn't want it! I said yeah sure once it wags it's tail there is no way you will let it go.
So it seems I am stuck with it!

Attachments

• P1020070 (Medium).JPG
    P1020070 (Medium).JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 479
Thanks for the picture scrimper. He looks really great and I'm sure you're stuck with him now.

PLEASE put me out of my misery - I've been thinking and thinking (or anyway, whatever passes for that in my head). What the hell's a GSD? (I'm sure it's a simple answer but I can't get it).

AES

AES":10riusbm said:
Thanks for the picture scrimper. He looks really great and I'm sure you're stuck with him now.

PLEASE put me out of my misery - I've been thinking and thinking (or anyway, whatever passes for that in my head). What the hell's a GSD? (I'm sure it's a simple answer but I can't get it).

AES
My guess would be German Shepherd Dog

Chris

AES":dff63lq6 said:

AES

It is German Shepherd Dog, also commonly called Alsatian.

Phill

OK, thanks folks. Alsatians I've heard of (in fact we had an Alsatian cross when I was a kid), but I don't think I've ever heard of German Shepherd Dog before. You live n learn.

AES

@Claymore: Thanks fer the 'istory lesson mate, I believe every word of it, 'onest injuns.

When I was trying to work out "GSD" the nearest I came to it was "Good Scroller's Dog" :D

@scrimper: He (he?) looks absolutely great. I can't see him leaving the Headquarters of the British Scroll Sawing & Fretwork Institute any time soon. Seriously John, I really did feel for your loss a while back (I had to have our rescued 17 year old stray put down a while back and while we both still miss her a lot, neither my wife nor I have had the "courage" to have another), so I know how it feels.

Good on yer mate.

AES

Latest posts

Back