• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FTAGH Free to good home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owd Jockey

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an old Axminster Lathe M900 that I would like to offer free to a good home. I had previously included the lathe as a free extra in the sale of my Speed Genie upgraded Axminster Hobby lathe on this forum, Gumtree and Ebay, but got zero interest. Anyway, the motor is still working and the bearings sound ok. The bed is good with no cracks. The body as a whole could do with a clean up and coat of paint. The tailstock needs some work, I bought a new spindle some years ago , but it needs a new threaded piece. I have lost the front of the on/off switch, but would advise fitting a new NVR switch. The lathe could be used as “Spares or Repair” or could lend itself to a renovation project. I have since taken the bed off the legs. The lathe would be available for collection from Telford.

Attachments

• 20230521_154711.jpg
    20230521_154711.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230521_154732.jpg
    20230521_154732.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230521_154803.jpg
    20230521_154803.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
Bet if you'd had a price on it, it would've been snapped up already.
Perception is a funny thing!

Good Karma to you for trying to help out someone, there's gotta be someone here who would
get use out of it.

Worth noting spares can be bought from Charnwood, amongst other retailers who sell this machine, of which there are many.
Have one meself with the SIP paint scheme, could do with getting a chuck sometime,
which are half the price I paid for the machine.
Perhaps some food for thought, as I presume there's at least one or two folks who might be eying up expensive machines, which won't have a chuck either.

All the best
Tom

Last edited:
That’s a very generous offer.

Unless you have any takers, can I suggest that you contact the Shropshire Woodturners Club who may have a member who is new to woodturning, but not yet equipped, and would be delighted to receive the lathe. Or the Club itself might be able to make use of it:

https://www.shropshirewoodturners.co.uk/

Hi Yorkie, thanks for the suggestion. Must admit I did not know that Shropshire had a Woodturning Association.

Thanks Fossil. I emailed the local Woodturning Association, but have heard nothing back. So I don't intend to spend any more time on this. Its now dissembled in the back of my garage.

Thanks Fossil. I emailed the local Woodturning Association, but have heard nothing back. So I don't intend to spend any more time on this. Its now dissembled in the back of my garage.
If you are ever travelling north along the M6 I'd happily meet around the end of the M62 and pay towards your fuel.

Back