Four drawer chest .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it for the following reasons:
Simplified design, overcoming several 'draw fit' obstacles without looking crude.
Solid construction to withstand daily use.
Easily refurbished in later years if draw runners show wear.

IN A DAY! That's it i am giving up! Brilliant. I wish i could work that fast and end up with something coming close to those mate. Very nice indeed, put mine to shame. :oops:

Hi Cherilton

We've had a discussion and you've been banned for working much too quickly. :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers
Neil

Very nice work,and thanks for the time taken for all the photos as well.

Just to stop us all from feeling inferior in terms of workrate :-

1)Have you made this design before ?
2)Were you set up for a production-run?
3)How long are your "days" ? :lol:

Andrew

forget building the chest in a day, take me that long to set up the
camera and take the photos. :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice work.

paul :wink:

:D :D Well i really made a pair of them, but bear in mind they are fairly simple and i am doing it all day every day. But they were not made as part of a production run because i do bespoke items and so dont have the need to set up for that. I do try and make things as easy as possible for myself so use setting blocks for the saw etc. And i have a bank of 5 routers set up mounted underneath a bench to do various jobs which speeds things up alot. That now sounds as though i am set up for production runs but i use the bench for all my routering jobs.

Cheers Graham

Hang on ! 5 routers ? :shock: I take it your a single man :lol: :lol:
Thanks for posting by the way :D

cherilton":29jrp0iy said:
:D :D Well i really made a pair of them, but bear in mind they are fairly simple and i am doing it all day every day. But they were not made as part of a production run because i do bespoke items and so dont have the need to set up for that. I do try and make things as easy as possible for myself so use setting blocks for the saw etc. And i have a bank of 5 routers set up mounted underneath a bench to do various jobs which speeds things up alot. That now sounds as though i am set up for production runs but i use the bench for all my routering jobs.

Cheers Graham
Now you are just showing off ( Hopefully no mentions my posts about my work :-$ )
A pair in a day well done and 5 routers, well I guess I will have to get rid of a few to have 5 :roll: :shock: :) ( it was only when you said you had 5 , it got me think as to how many I had but not saying)

Hey, if simple construction is key, why not assemble the face frame with pockets screws. Tenons and mortices don't really add strength to the piece (I could be wrong here, I am no pro). Compare to T&M, pocket screws will probably make the frame construction at least twice as fast.

My 2 pence. :D

I do agree about the pocket joints and to be honest i quiet often do use them, but thought i would make a special effort for you guys! :wink:
And i sense another post coming on titled ' WHO HAS THE MOST ROUTERS 'in their workshop. :) :)

Graham

Graham,
where I live we only have 24 hours in a day :lol:

Do i understand right? You have 5 routers mounted at the same time?
And i have a bank of 5 routers set up mounted underneath a bench
That must be some router table , any pics?

Andy

Its a simple bench 7 foot long and 2 foot wide topped with MDF and then the routers hang underneath. On it i do-
Door panels
Drawer fronts
Door scribes
Rebating
Beading moulding

I will get some pics tomorrow if you wish.
Graham

PS: I only do 8 hours a day, :)

cherilton":1w7l8nby said:
I will get some pics tomorrow if you wish.

Only if you have the time? :lol: Do you have seperate fences for each router?

cherilton":1w7l8nby said:
PS: I only do 8 hours a day, :)
Now stop it I can't take anymore :lol:

Andy

Latest posts

Back