Forum Users Routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trend T11EK 1/2

Best i have ever used, can't fault anything about it.

Ryobi Industrial RE 601 (i tink) 1/2

Great router if a little heavy.

Power devils version of the Trend T5 old version (or is it the T4?) 1/4.

Nice little router, light enough and powerful, been going for years, was my first ever router.

Bosch pof 500a
Bosch pof 600ace
Hitachi M12V2
Freud FT2000e
Black and Decker HD1250
Porter cable 892
porter cable 690
porter cable 7519
metabo ofe 1229
performance power (B&Q) clm1250r

Hitachi M12V2 1/2" - no probs so far, a little big but very comfortable, carry case is HUGE

Mafell LO50E 1/4" - an absolute joy to use

Trend T11E Table mounted for the most part, does everything asked of it.

Plus Bosch POF500A used for light stuff, switch is a pain to operate.

Makita 3612C
Dewalt DW624

Industrial

Comaq 3 axis 1300x3500 matrix
CMS Giotto 3 axis 1300x3500 matrix twin table
Masterwood Project TF (more a driller but still has a router)

Trend T3-adequate
Trend T5-nice router
Festool OF 1400-the daddy
Ryobi Industrial - old bruiser enjoying semi retirement

Trend T11 - brilliant router in and out of the table.

Aldi 1/4" - not bad does what it needs to but a bit plasticky, only really used for trimming veneer etc.

I don't trust whizzy things either and am not a huge power tool fan but I tend to use the router that is the best for the job...

DSC_0006.JPG

If I had to choose...Makita for big freehand jobs..110V for outside too...any one of the little Bosch ones are great..though old..and surprisingly..I still love my little 1/4" Homebase cheapie...which has built loads of things for me when I just started out.

The cutters are the key though. CMT are the ones I use. All cost more than any of the routers on that table!

Jim

2 x Worx W15XRT 1/2" - one in a table, one for occasional hand-held use. A good value 1/2" DIY router. Good collet, built-in fine-height depth adjuster; nice case; downside: poor bushing on plunge columns
2 x Bosch 500A - one for hand-held, one which migrates from overhead use in a drill-press, to under a dedicated box-jointer table, to thicknesser. IMHO, these are good quality little routers - I bet they'll still be running when other stuff has died the death. Standard 43mm coller on m/c body; I don't like the twist-handle plunge lock, but for a few £s you can buy a second brass slug and lock both handles.
1 x Power Devil 1050W 1/4". I know this shouldn't be any good, it's nothing but a cheap Trend-style rip-off, but it's still the one I use most. I liked it so much, I bought the company - well, maybe not - but I made it a dedicated carry box (which is more attention than any of my other routers received). Downside is a rather poor (though quite safe) collet, and a power switch you have to hold down. I feel quite affectionate about this router - sad, isn't it?

Very recently I've acquired off Ebay a couple of Draper Expert routers:-
1 x R850V, which seems to be a close copy of the Trend T5/Elu. Still exploring its virtues, but comparing it with my trusty Power Devil : I like the collet, the soft-start, the on-off power switch, the threaded holes for securing the template bushes, and the general build quality. I don't like the plunge action, though, which seems jerky to me.
1 x R1900V, which seems to be a close copy of the well-received Freud F2000 range. I bought it second-hand with the intention of rebuilding my table router around it. Too recent a purchase to evaluate, except that (to echo a previous poster, referring to the Freud equivalent) : it's built like a brick s**t-house. I have high hopes.

It's only a hobby, not a habit. 7 isn't really too many. I can give up any time, Honest, Guv.

Back