Forum Users Routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dewalt 621K
Solid, good bit of kit. Would have got larger triton if I'd known I'd be buying the triton router table 2 months later.

Currently got a Triton TRB001 which will go in a table when I get around to building one

Looking to buy something smaller for handheld use, trend T4 looks most likely as I can't find anything cheaper like a T3

DeWalt 625 mounted in WoodRat

Milwaukee 5616 (2 1/4hp) mounted in Bench Saw extension table

Festool OF 1400 for freehand and in conjunction with Festool MFT3 table.

The Festool is new. I'm going to try it for awhile. The Milwaukee would suit me fine if it weren't for the advantages offered by Festool's Guide Rail system. The latter is helpful for making accurate Dado trenches.

Gary Curtis

Northern California

DeWalt 625EK - Hand use
Makita 3612C Table / Hand use
Power Devil Bag Of Bob - Not much use unless I need to prop the door open!!

Got two Makita's.Not sure of the model no's off hand.A 1/4" for hand held stuff and a big old 1/2" that i use in my worktop jig and occasionally under a table.I dread to think of the hammer it's had over the years but it just keeps going.

I have a Trend T9 - as the only one. Changing between the Woodrat, Trend Craftmans table (which I hopefully can replace soon with something more substantial) and free hand use.

All Elus.

2 177e's
2 MOF 96e's
And a cheapo, unused, B&D 1/2" that I got from a bereavement sale at a price I couldn't refuse. When I tried it, it worked fine and I'll no doubt wear it out!

My table I found online; a black, plastic insert, which I fitted into an 18" square of 18mm thick tufnol. Great!

John :)

Doesn't anyone use the Makita 3612 ?

I've tried a couple of different routers in the past but love my Makita. I use it mainly for hanging doors and kitchen worktops out on site.

I had a Triton but just hated the wind up/down mechanism, the handle and the machine was not very site freindly.

I am also thinking of getting a small Bosh Palm router for cutting smaller stuff like hinges and intumescent strips in fire doors and edge trimming.

2-Tritons
6-Porter Cables 1&1/2 hp
2-Porter Cables 2&1/2 hp
1-Festool 1010
1-Makita 1/4 hp
1-Freud 2 hp
1-Porter Cable 2 hp
1-Porter Cable trim router
An arm load of bits and 4 router tables, 2 pin router tables ,a duplicaver,a legacy 1500,Leigh 24" dovetail machine and mortse and tendoning jig,sign making machine,clock carveing machine (gears)many spare parts yet to be found

DaveL":3iggfo21 said:
Well Grinding One, I think you are currently owner of the router mountain title. :roll: :wink:

Oh I forgot the old Stanley on the other duplicater its probably a 1930 model it has rib `s all around it may be a 3/4 or 1/2 hp unit. Round top wooden handles

Grinding One":3bmd5uo2 said:
2-Tritons
6-Porter Cables 1&1/2 hp
2-Porter Cables 2&1/2 hp
1-Festool 1010
1-Makita 1/4 hp
1-Freud 2 hp
1-Porter Cable 2 hp
1-Porter Cable trim router
An arm load of bits and 4 router tables, 2 pin router tables ,a duplicaver,a legacy 1500,Leigh 24" dovetail machine and mortse and tendoning jig,sign making machine,clock carveing machine (gears)many spare parts yet to be found

What on earth do you do with 15 routers and 6 router tables?

Mike

Life hasn't been quite the same since I knocked my old Elu MOF96 off the bench......

Ryobi RE601 in table. I've had this router for some 12 years and it is still as awesome now as back then. I only wish it had a lock-on switch. (My own version of a lock-on switch has to be replaced occasionally. [Rubber bands DO perish eventually!])

Freud 1900W for "substantial" hand-held jobs. This is also an excellent machine. (and this one does have a lock-on switch, but my Ryobi is like a rock in the table, and it's a bit of a handful for hand-held use.)

. . . and a "cheepy" B & Q 1/4" job which is handy for occasional light work.

pof500a
1/2" macalister

I must say the mac router i use on a daily basis and it has never let me down in around 3 years , i suppose its not the best out there but for the work i do (mainly softwood) it is perfect , i tend to service it regularly by blowing it out with the compressor and spraying some light grease on the plungebars to keep it smooth . It came with a router table in a huge box from B&Q for £49 during one of there daft sales .

After reading through this thread i have noticed how when folk say they have a B&Q cheapo (there words not mine) they feel they have to give a reason as to why they own it :? I have thought about buying another router for a while now but i cant see why i would need to change what i have so i think i will just keep putting off spending the money :lol:

B&Q Macalister stuff gets the thumbs up from me and i show no embaresment for owning mine :p :p :p

Latest posts

Back