Forum Users Routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosch GMF 1400 fixed base jigs
Bosch GMF 1400 plunge base reabtes grooves
Bosch GMF 1400 - woodpeckers router lift, router table
Freud ft2000 heavy duty work
B&Q fixed base bearing guided work
Small Elu light duty work

Triton 1400W in the Router Table
B&Q cheapo for hand held use.

Harry

Ryobi RE601 - Mainly in table - excellent

Bosch POF 500A - Hand held, light work and mounted on RAS or drill stand. Good enough for a small router.

Vinn

Trend T11 bought new from D&M tools for £219 which is a really good price. So good that I wouldn't recommend anything else except the Trend T5 which I aslo have. This too is good but ofther companies do the same model for less which isn't the case with the T11 as the Dewalt version costs more. It's a good hand held router with good back up and easily replacable parts. :D

Elu 177. Bought 25 years ago as a recon, serviced every 2 years.....The master from which all other routers are cloned....now in permanent service in a router table as a twee spindle moulder. and a little £35 Trend, which is a great piece of kit

Makita 3612C for hand held, superb router.

Triton 3hp, also for hand held, collet and chuck parted company complete with cutter on first use :( . Replaced by Triton but this one's auto spindle lock sticks on.

Triton 3hp in a table (JessEmm), cooling fan self destructed on first switch-on, tiny blades whizzing out through the casing into my belly :(
oh, and auto spindle lock locks and won't come off Grrrrr.

Not had a lot of luck with Triton at all and I treat my tools very well so Gawd knows what they'd be like under industrial conditions.

Small Trend next and Makita if the Triton's decide to self destruct (probable).

Smallish Ryobi plunge router and a 1 1/2 HP Sears Craftsman(almost 30 year old ,similar operation to the Porter Cable)

Have update my list.
Elo MOF177, Elu MOF96e, Trend something or other lightweight model..like a glorified Dremel.
Makita 3612C and the almost obligatory Triton TRA001 which is going to live mounted in the table.

The big Dewalt 625EK is my favourite to use even hand-held.

A Triton TRA001 hangs under the table & is ideally suited to it.

A Dewalt 621K sits ready on the shelf with a dovetail bit set up for blind dovetails on the Leigh Jig - super quality router - I still need to add a solid sub-base for improved jig working, I reckon, to get smoother running over the "fingers".

Can't fault my Trend T5 for all the the fine work, but I'd be just as happy with another smaller Dewalt.

A B&Q non-plunging, fixed-base, "D" handled 1/2" router still sees some action from time to time.

I even have an "Aldi special" with a 1/4" roundover permanently fitted that I keep reaching for all the time. A bit agricultural but still gets the job done. I was lucky with this one - the previous one went in the bin when I eventually got fed up with its sticky plunge action.

Finally, following the many fine examples set by this very forum, I've just picked up a couple more TRA001's. Up here in the mountains, B&Q Warehouses are as common as hens teeth so (as of today) they are on their way up from the smoke.

Hey up all,

I have had a black and decker for the last 25 years, small but still works
also a Trend T5, its a doozy
and when I fit it to a table a triton trboo1 ( still in the box ).

GT

i use an old elu (don't know model no' but is 1850w model, and works a treat) for heavy work with jigs, its the 177.
a bosch pof500 for small detail work and
a triton in the table,
a little 1300watt thing too - challenge extreme.
An axminster 127, the big one,
a de walt 713
a JCB 1500 watt plunge
a rotozip (as a laminate trimmer)
Makita 3612 (I think) on 110v

And I need them ALL!!! (bloody hell - thats 9 routers!!)

Just fitted a pistol grip kinda thing to the bosch, and a larger plate for extra support near the edges, which has worked wonders. And managed to 'fix' the axminster I bought from cambourne pete - now works well thanks mate!!

The elu is just amazing. How come it never wears its brushes??

The two Tritons. Got the big one at £99 from B&Q.
Have to say the smaller one is a good allrounder (a bit underpowered for the table but all the features for it) and good for starting off woodworking. Looking for a 500/600w router.

Oh, and a very cheap and nasty Powercraft router. The plunge works with the help from a hammer :D

2 x trend T3

1 x trend T1

elu mof 96

elu of 97

Ryobi 1/2 inch (not sure of model) in bench

looking at a couple of tritons to replace my trusty elu's as they are almost U/S now

Back