Quantcast

Forum Users Router Cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
I promise this is the last Router related user thread I'll start but just wondering, although I can't think why, who uses which make/s of router cutter (hopefully all this info in these threads will benefit Charley in some way, might even attract a few advertisers :wink: )

Budget 1/4" & 1/2": Perform (APTC), Draper, Screwfix branded.
Not budget 1/4", 8mm & 1/2": CMT, Freud, Trend.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Freud, Jesada & Axminster.

Scott

Established Member
Reaction score
A set of cheapo Screwfix ones that I bought years ago with my first router and am gradually replacing with good quality cutters of the same profiles as the need arises.

Recently been buying Freud, Trend and Perform but I'm going to give Wealden a go next after favourable reports on this forum

Ham

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster, Perform, Trend, Mickey mouse and CMT. Of those the CMT and Perform seem the best.
Cheers, David

jasonB

Established Member
Reaction score
Wealden, CMT & Versofix replaceable tiped ones via wealden.

Edit - Anyone used the Tornado ones that Rutlands have on offer at the moment, 30pc 1/2" set for £63!

Jason

tim

Established Member
Reaction score

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 triton bits that came with my triton outfit and they are still going strong after 3 years. ( 1/2" straight has been professionally sharpened once).
Otherwise using Perform.
The 1/4" peform (1/2" shank) has performed :wink: hundreds of mortices and still going strong (in softwood)

A

Anonymous

CMT panel raising set, Freud Pro and Trend.

I have soem freebie cutters that came with B&Q router which are used on aluminiium and man-made boards only

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of 16 from screwfix when i purchased my ferm router. not given them much use, but had reasonable success with what I have done

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Who makes the Woodrat cutters, BTW?

Noel

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Noel":c5uwlga0 said:
Who makes the Woodrat cutters, BTW?
I have a feeling it's Clico?

Anyway; Freud, Jesada, Trend, Perform, pre-Perform Axminster green, Wealden and Woodrat, IIRC. Can't say I prefer any one type to another, but I'm impressed with the Wealden ones so far, and the Perform ones are a good buy (plus I like the lines on the shank).

Cheers, Alf