Forum Users Router Cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
I promise this is the last Router related user thread I'll start but just wondering, although I can't think why, who uses which make/s of router cutter (hopefully all this info in these threads will benefit Charley in some way, might even attract a few advertisers :wink: )

Budget 1/4" & 1/2": Perform (APTC), Draper, Screwfix branded.
Not budget 1/4", 8mm & 1/2": CMT, Freud, Trend.

Freud, Jesada & Axminster.

A set of cheapo Screwfix ones that I bought years ago with my first router and am gradually replacing with good quality cutters of the same profiles as the need arises.

Recently been buying Freud, Trend and Perform but I'm going to give Wealden a go next after favourable reports on this forum

Wealden, CMT & Versofix replaceable tiped ones via wealden.

Edit - Anyone used the Tornado ones that Rutlands have on offer at the moment, 30pc 1/2" set for £63!

Jason

I've got 3 triton bits that came with my triton outfit and they are still going strong after 3 years. ( 1/2" straight has been professionally sharpened once).
Otherwise using Perform.
The 1/4" peform (1/2" shank) has performed :wink: hundreds of mortices and still going strong (in softwood)

CMT panel raising set, Freud Pro and Trend.

I have soem freebie cutters that came with B&Q router which are used on aluminiium and man-made boards only

I bought a set of 16 from screwfix when i purchased my ferm router. not given them much use, but had reasonable success with what I have done

Who makes the Woodrat cutters, BTW?

Noel

Noel":c5uwlga0 said:
Who makes the Woodrat cutters, BTW?
I have a feeling it's Clico?

Anyway; Freud, Jesada, Trend, Perform, pre-Perform Axminster green, Wealden and Woodrat, IIRC. Can't say I prefer any one type to another, but I'm impressed with the Wealden ones so far, and the Perform ones are a good buy (plus I like the lines on the shank).

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back