Forum Users Router Cutters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ivan":dlmjhyic said:
98% Wealden, 1% Trend, 1% Screwfix

Ivan

I love the drive-by gloat about your 100 (or 200 or 300...) cutter collection there.

Usually buy Axminster Perform cutters where they do what I want. Well up to the demands I put on them.

Wealden out of preference, but I seem to buy a lot of Trend cutters as well. The quality's about on a par, but Wealden are much cheaper.

Nice people too.

Des

Started on Trend - fine

Have a couple of cheapy sets I acquired which do for rough work.

CMT until recently

Discovered Wealden - they'll do for me on price, range, quality and customer service.

I have at present 76 cutting bits,
1 each of,
Stanley
B&D
Leitz
Bosch
Perform
T-Tech
Tornado
Triton
2 - Titan
6 Trend
8 Carb-Tech
21 Wealden
ans 31 unknowns mostly HSS
All the others are carbide. A mixture of 1/2" and 1/4" shanks.
My favorites are Wealden though.

John. B

Wealden or CMT for heavy use. Perform for one-offs or big fat things (eg draught excluder slotters) that cost a fortune elsewhere

Axminster (White), Perform, Rutland Panel Raiser set, several Trend special bits.

Mostly wealden and trend with a couple of titman and some old bosch HSS ones, also several really cheap B&Q no brand cutters from a big set.

Bought the tornado 68 bit set from rutlands, bit of a mistake though as some I'll probably never use but i suppose they are there just in case, other than that a few cheapy ones I got with my first router years ago, some straight cutters that are mdf thickness and a biscuit cutter bit as I'm to cheap to buy a dedicated biscuit jointer.

Bremner":2lsi4xay said:
Bought the tornado 68 bit set from rutlands, bit of a mistake though as some I'll probably never use but i suppose they are there just in case, other than that a few cheapy ones I got with my first router years ago, some straight cutters that are mdf thickness and a biscuit cutter bit as I'm to cheap to buy a dedicated biscuit jointer.

Bought a cheapy silverline flush cutter from toolstation over the weekend to shape a few pieces of a project, NEVER again it trimmed one piece with a little burning but when I was half way through the next one the bearing flew off at what felt like 1000MPH as hit me in the face!

Who ever is cheapest at the time

Trend/Titman/Carbin (got a lot of replacement tips now as works out in some cases cheaper plus if you use HSK tool heads you can use on Spindle and share heads)

Spiral Up Cut
Spiral Down cut
Spiral Up/Down cut
Hogging head
Twin Flute
Single flute
V Point

Latest posts

Back