Forum user's Radial Arm Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dewalt 1251 off the old ebay, always wanted one, had it for 4 months now but still not set it up as not had time and a bit nervous about getting it wrong which is a bit poor I know.... :oops:

Hi Guys

Just thought I`d add mine to the list

A old dewalt dw110

2 x black and decker dewalt R1450

And another american dewalt which I think is a R1350.

Got a "Mr Sawdust" table on which is nice and flat, also got a special RAS blade which I bought back from across the pond.
Cuts great!

Regards

Colin

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and to radial arm saws, but I've just picked up a DeWalt 320 folder. Two blades, a dado set & some sort of ring fence. No manual though.
I could do with advice on instructions & spares lists & the dado cutters. Was there a spindle block made for this saw?
Any advice/input gratefully received. Or if anybody could tell me where to go ,it wouldn't be the first time.

Shopmate 10" had it 18 years, noisy but still works well. :lol: :lol:

DSC_1893.jpg

John. B

OK cards on the table time.....

Believe it or not a Silverline 427683, the build quality is dung as you'd expect, but it slides, tilts and runs true, and if it ever goes wrong they'll replace it without question, which is more than can be said for many 'quality' brands.

Correctly adjusted with a reasonable quality CMT blade, (must try and snaffle a proper handmade Atkinson Walker one when I'm next in Sheffield) it cuts within a well shootable half a degree, which is all I ask of it.

i have just this last month aquired a eumenia ml50/300 redial arm saw.
it came to me for the princly some of £100, complete with router attachment, wobble discs, and drill attachment. its very accurate, solid and i love.

This is is a crosscut sliding saw. Bosch GCM12SD 240v I've kept this as it's done some decent work primarily because I can't find a decent radial arm saw to take on what I need within reason. I've toyed around with acquiring an old RAS and refurbishing it to my standards with a custom made table for precision furniture production.

I like the old dewalts. the new ones are nice but expensive. love the feel. are there any companies around who make decent Radial arm saws I could get in touch with who could maybe consider me as an endorser of their equipment. To be honest I'm fed up with my bosch. OK it does a good job but having to pull down gets tiring, the waste of space at the back is another annoyance and setting up small batch cuts is a little frightening as there's nothing to grip to.

lew

Delta 36-075 type 2 (In my shed)
DW 777 (workbench saw)
DW 716E (workbench saw)
DWS 780 (workbench saw)

Tried out Makita but the guards kept on breaking (flimsy spring mechanism/hoovers kept burning out also) so went with dewalts lasted longer both in saw and hoover only had issues with brushes on one/guard getting jambed by a piece of wood need replaced the mechanism that is & now trying a

Festool Kapex KS 120 (Workshop) with a hoover

Industrial

Wadkin BRA
Grecon Dimter Opticut 150

Dewalt powershop 1201. Bought on EBay the manual shows all sorts of attachments but I cant locate any? router, Saber saw, chuck etc. Robert

Picked up DeWalt 1201 today, first task for it is building the bench it's going on...

I've been reading and am debating the merits of the Mr. Sawdust table, I'm really very uncomfortable with the idea of having steel embeded in a surface that's unavoidably sacrificial; and I'm sure that with care one can construct a flat enough surface using only timber/sheet materials.

Latest posts

Back