Forum user's Radial Arm Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As mentioned at the end of CYC's Table Saw thread why not add to the list of knowledge and add your RAS to this list.

Just like the other lists this will give us valuable statistics for users shopping for their first radial arm saw or upgrading. We can view what are the most popular models for each budget.

It would be great if you could just reply with your radial arm saw, brand and model. I should be able to update this message with the listing of all your tables.

I'll kick off the list by admitting to a deWalt DW1420S (16in) and a DW1751 (10in) radial arm saws - although the 1420 is to replace the 1751, so that won't be around once I've had me spares out of DW.

Now in alphabetical order (by brand):

deWalt DW320 (10 in) = 1
deWalt DW1201 (10 in) = 2
deWalt DW125 / DW1251 / DW1253 (10 in) = 3
deWalt DW1751 / DW1753 (10 in) = 3
deWalt DW1420s (16 in) = 1
Eumenia (9 in) = 1
Eumania RD300 (9in) = 1
Maggi 620 (12in) = 1
Oliver (British) (16in?) = 1
Ryobi RA820 (8 1/4 in) = 1
Shopmate (10 in) = 1
Wadkin BRA = 1

Total number in poll = 15

Last updated 17 Dec 2006 @ 19:08

Scrit

Hi,

I've an Eumenia M50L/300 220mm dia blade RAS which I've owned for 6 or more years. It has been very useful and quite accurate. They appear to have stopped manufacture now but I wouldn't hesitate from recommending one if you where to come across a second hand model.
I've also got (in pieces at present) a very old, 30 years, Shopmate 250mm dia blade RAS that was my main machine for 20 years. It was incredibly noisy but did what was asked of it very well.
Cheers, David

I have a Ryobi RA820, 8 1/4 inch blade.

It's about 15 years old and has been very reliable, One drawback is that its brush motor is very noisy but otherwise it's a good machine.

Mike

Hi Mike, am I right in thinking that you hasve the model with a built-in 15,000 rpm router spindle at one end of the motor? If so, how useful do you find that?

Scrit

Scrit":2sm9pisk said:
Hi Mike, am I right in thinking that you hasve the model with a built-in 15,000 rpm router spindle at one end of the motor? If so, how useful do you find that?

Scrit

Yes, it is the one with the router.

I used to use it and did a lot of circle cutting when I made my telescope. It cuts OK as long as the cuts are very shallow but deep cuts tend to make it dig in which can be a pretty scary.

I haven't used the router since I built a router table.

Mike

I've go an old green & orange DW 125 but seldom use it, do most of my cross cutting on the TS with sliding carriage.

Jason

DeWallt Powershop DW1201.
Lovely machine but must sell soon as i need the space. Sensible offers considered :)
beejay

DW1751, on a large 8x3x2' home welded table, (makes sizing 8x4 sheet material almost comfortable)

Can anyone tell me which of these DeWalt RAS have spindles long enough to take a dado set.

deWalt DW1201
deWalt DW125 / DW1251 / DW1253
deWalt DW1751 / DW1753

Are the all induction motor types?

TIA

Bob

Latest posts

Back