For Sale: Winfield Metal Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Established Member
Reaction score
This is the first piece of machinery I am getting rid of. A Winfield Metal Lathe. This is a fantastic lathe in perfect working order. I got it from my grandfather, who was a cabinetmaker and metalworker. It has a 20" bed and comes with a milling attachment and a large amount of tooling, end mills etc. It has two chucks (one self centreing) and a jacobs chuck. It sits on a beautiful solid mahogony cabinet my grandfather built for it.

Sorry about the pics. They are taken on my phone (I dropped my camera on the way to take these :roll: )

2573011633_52b0531a03.jpg

2573012083_f40627ee01.jpg

2573012557_516428e3c5.jpg

I am looking for £300, but all offers will be considered, no matter how cheeky. :D Please PM me if interested. It will be going on EBay in a few days if there is no interest here.

For some information on Winfield lathes, please see here

For those of you looking for new machinery, I will be getting rid of all mine within the few weeks. Including:

SIP 01332 10" cast iron tablesaw with blades and Incra 1000SE Mitre Guage.
Jet JWBS-16 Bandsaw
Fox F22-567 6" cast iron planer
Axminster CT330 Thicknesser
Harrisson Union Jubilee 54" lathe with various chisels, faceplates and new Patriot Chuck.

So watch this space!

Can't use the metal working lathe at the moment but might be interested in the SIP table saw if the price is right.

Why are you selling up? Fed up of woodwork?

regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

This is why I'm selling up. :D

I have two chest of drawers to complete next week, so I will be selling everything else after that.

This is the saw in question. I would take £300 for it. You would also be getting two newish CMT saw blades and a Incra 1000SE mitre guage (£130) included.

Obviously, you would have to collect. Not really something I could post. :D :wink:

Hi Simon,

definitely interested in the saw. Can you tell me how old it is please, and can it dismantle to fit inside my car? I have a Volvo Estate (my wheely-shed) :lol:

Do you think I could do Colwyn Bay to Bradford & back in a day?

regards

Brian

brianhabby":js1dt3gn said:
Do you think I could do Colwyn Bay to Bradford & back in a day?

Brian, how far do you think it is?

I'd guess it's about 120 miles - motorway or duel carriageway door to door.

Six hours max for the round trip including a brew with Slim and loading the car.

Winfield lathe eh? I didn't know Woolworths did them! :lol:

Dan

Actually, since that last post I've checked on the map and I'm sure we can do it in a day comfortably. I say we because SWMBO wants to come along for the ride. :)

As you say Dan, motorway will eat up most of the miles pretty quickly.

regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

The saw is about two years old. The side extension, fence rails and lower half of the cabinet all come off, so I think it will definately go into a Volvo Estate. It takes a little while to dismantle as there are lots of nuts and bolts, so I could do this before you arrive, unless you want to try the saw first.

I must point out that it has a very small kerf cut into one of the extensions. I was ripping down some waney edge oak with my circular saw and accidently cut into the cast iron. This in no way affects the performace of the saw. To compensate for this, I will also throw in the mobile base it is sitting on. Can't say fairer than that! :D

Hi Slim, good news on the new job,

having what seams already missed out on the table, just thought i'd be a bit cheeky ask what how much you were thinking of letting the planner go for and is it the this one

the vulture's are circling

Hi pobo,

Yep, that's the one. I would let it go for £150. Including a mobile base.

Back