For sale - Lie Nielsen Tennon saw and Jap Chisels - SOLD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aled Dafis

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Just as the title says, I have for sale a Lie Nielsen crosscut Tennon saw and a set of 10 Japanese chisels.

Tennon saw - 300mm 13ppi

PICT0188.jpg

The saw is as new, as it has only been used about half a dozen times since new (about a year ago) due to me having built a new house, and my "good" tools have been in storage - the saw was carefully stored in its rust proof paper in the original box.

I've taken the set down a smidge to sweeten the cut, but I think it could do with another smidge off for the perfect performance - I'll leave that to the next user to do as these things are so personal.

The reason I'm selling is that I don't find that I'm using the saw these days, and am seriously considering buying a Woodrat, so i could do with the funds.

The saw cost me £124, so I'm willing to sell it for £100 including postage

Japanese chisels

PICT0184-1.jpg

This set of ten Japanese Chisels were bought from Tilgear about two years ago and again have had an easy life, some have never even been used at all. They again have been in storage for the last year during the house build.

Of the chisels I've used, I've found them to be excellent, taking and keeping a wicked edge once honed on my Norton 8000 grit waterstone.

I've done a slight modification to the 6mm and 9mm chisels in that i've ground the squarish side bevels back to a slight angle to make them more able to go tight into the corners of a dovetail joint.

The range of sizes are 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm, 18mm, 24mm, 30mm, 36mm and 42mm.

Again the reason for sale is that I have a set of L-N chisels and don't find that I use these any more, the funds again will go into my Woodrat pot.

The chisels cost me £117.50 and I'm looking for about £75 including postage.

Any questions, just pop me a PM

Many thanks

Aled

P.S. I will have a Record Bowl turning lathe with free standing tool rest for sale in the near future - once i manage to uncover it at the back of the shed.

Latest posts

Back