For Sale: EB BAS315 Bandsaw: SOLD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WellsWood

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd offer this here first in case anyone's interested. Surplus to requirements now I've got my new toy.
It's about 6 or 7 years old and has served me extremely well. Hasn't had excessive use, has been treated well and always used with dust extraction. I bought it just before Electra Beckum were taken over by Metabo so it's one of the last "real" EBs made.
300mm throat (200 max to fence) 140mm depth of cut, will take 5/8" blade but happier with 1/2".
It's in excellent condition with the exception of a broken clamp piece on the top left guide bearing - clamp still works fine though - pictures to be added later today will clarify.
On the plus side, I've fettled it pretty thoroughly so everything's straight and true, including the addition of an extra fine adjuster and steady between the table and frame.
Comes with 9 blades, some new some not, of various sizes tooth pitch, a genuine EB circle cutting device, steel leg stand, and a homemade lifting mobile base (a bit Heath-Robinson but works well).
I'll deliver locally (30/40 miles or so) for the price of the fuel and a cup of tea and biscuits, and I'm looking for £175 or best offer.

PM me if interested, you're welcome to pop over and view, I'm here most of the time.

Shame I already bought mine recently, otherwise I would have relieved you of the burden - you've got yourself a mega-bargain there in the axminster mark! Well done!

Sorry Byron, I was convinced you particularly wanted the bigger 14" variety otherwise I would have offered it to you when you were shopping. The Axy you've got is a better machine anyway.

When are you coming over for that visit you threatened me with?

threatened?? :)

How about towards the end of the month? I'm 'booked' up by my mother to do a bunch of jobs around the house (cut down some tree's, re-felt a couple of sheds, rebuild the side of a porch et al)

Oh NO!!

Must Resist... need to feed baby... But he's just round the corner.... need other things first... he's fettled it (something you could never do)... NO NO NO.....

](*,) [-( :-s

WiZeR":2tmw6cbe said:
Oh NO!!

Must Resist... need to feed baby... But he's just round the corner.... need other things first... he's fettled it (something you could never do)... NO NO NO.....

](*,) [-( :-s

I could lie to you and say it's too tall for you workshop if it'll help. :wink:

Thought I'd give this my allowable bump and add some pictures (now I've got round to taking some :roll: )

First the good

Excellent nick, worklight and lifting wheelbase both more functional than beautiful. Extra attachment and fine adjuster for table level really beefs-up the tables solidity - but only works for perpendicular cuts. Never an issue for me because in 7 years I think I've tilted the table once!
IMG_2021.jpg
IMG_2023.jpg

The only bad point. There are 2 ally castings which clamp the guide bearing spindles and one has broken. It still works fine though (been like this for about a year now) since it only needs to be tight enough to hold the bearing in place. A whole new guide assembly is less than £40 here I just never got round to it.
IMG_2030.jpg

So there you go, I'm sticking it on EBay on Sunday eve. so any takers get in touch over the weekend - I'm open to any sensible offer because I really need it out of the way now I've got the new one. Things are getting a bit crowded up that end of the workshop.
IMG_2050.jpg

Actually seeing it like this makes me realise how much I need a proper clear out :roll:

MarkW":m5dltzw4 said:
Actually seeing it like this makes me realise how much I need a proper clear out :roll:

WHAT! your joking aren't you?

I can't remember the last time my workshop looked as neat and tidy as that!

Slimjim81":2vyn34e8 said:
MarkW":2vyn34e8 said:

WHAT! your joking aren't you?

I can't remember the last time my workshop looked as neat and tidy as that!

Yes, I was thinking that too - mega organised

Hmm.. thanks guys. I suppose it is fairly organised - to be fair though I have had a bit of a tidy up today having just finished a big job. It's the sheer quantity of stuff that constantly needs to be kept in check that's my problem. I've pretty well run out of places to put anything new (wall space is a distant memory), to the extent that my lovely new Ashly Iles chisels are still in the box they arrived in - 2 months ago :?

Ah well, I'm free next week so I think I feel a minor revamp coming on :)

Meanwhile...... c'mon somebody must need a bandsaw.......... [-o<

Mark can you hold on to it until tomorrow night. I may have found a scource of funds... no promises tho...

Back