Fitting outfeed tables on a T/S.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to fit an outfeed table on my sip 10" cast iron table saw. I want it to be hinged so it folds down flat but remains attached to the back of the saw table. Only problem is that the fence locks at the back of the table so I'm not sure how to attach the outfeed. Anyone done this or have any suggestions how to do it please? Photos would be good, will be making this in the morning.

Many thanks
Martin

Martin

I did this with my Xcalibar with no problem, unfortunately I can't show you a pic until later in the week if you're interested.

Would love to see how you made yours. Did you find problems mounting it at the back of the table, mine has a rail at the back which the fence locks onto so I can't bolt directly to the back of the table!

If I remeber clearly I drilled holes in the metal rail and counter sank the holes, from there I bolted on a strip of wood that came from the rail, this is where I fitted the table hinges. A pic will show it better, should get on to you by Thursday if you remind me.

Just arrived home with a sheet of melamine and a few sheets of 3/4 ply. Last minute decision, do I have an outfeed table attached to the saw and a drawer unit on wheels at the same height? Or just the drawer unit as the outfeed? Ooh decisions, hate em :)

Waka":fr8mcl11 said:
If I remeber clearly I drilled holes in the metal rail and counter sank the holes, from there I bolted on a strip of wood that came from the rail, this is where I fitted the table hinges. A pic will show it better, should get on to you by Thursday if you remind me.

I did something similar to this ---i had a extension already on the right,but i fixed a large milled piece of wood across & hinged on a large firerated door that came my way.i didn't have the fence problem though.

regards.

Latest posts

Back